This listing is about Catchafire in Washington, DC
About the job
Help Tapestry face their biggest challenges with a facilitated strategy session that gets the right people together to brainstorm and map out the path forward.
Tapestry is a community-based non-profit organization providing compassionate health care, support services, and education to Western Massachusetts. We believe that high-quality care should be accessible to everyone, regardless of age, race, gender, sexual orientation or income.
At Tapestry, everyone has a safe space to receive the care they need, without fear of judgment or stigma. When you come to us for services, you pay based on what you can afford, and no one is ever turned away.
Fun Fact About Us
Providing care where stigma has been a barrier, such as sexual health and drug use, takes courage and passion. Our employees have that in spades. It’s inspiring to be able to work with such an incredible team!
What You’ll Work On
- Expert third party advice on process or managerial changes, geographic or programmatic expansion, potential pivots, or general strategic planning
- Facilitation of an intensive, one-day strategic planning session with staff and/or Board
- Note: If necessary, a follow-up strategic planning session may be scheduled
Tapestry is launching a strategic planning effort for the whole agency. An important part of this is a new Strategic Planning Advisory Board made up of more junior employees. We see this as a professional development opportunity for its members as well, since most have no strategic planning experience. We are looking for a facilitator to host a session in April to introduce the team to what strategic planning involves.
- Strategy Consulting
- Background in strategic consulting or advisory work required
- Works remotely from anywhere
- 5-15 hours over 1-2 weeks
Why You’ll Love Volunteering With Us
- Enhance your skills while supporting a cause you care about
- Gain samples of work & references to add to your portfolio
- Directly impact a community organization on the ground
- Work remotely & create your own schedule
Catchafire is committed to helping nonprofits affected by COVID-19 who need virtual volunteers now more than ever. Take a look at the projects we have available to see how you can help.
This volunteer opportunity was originally posted on Catchafire, an online tool that connects nonprofits & social enterprises with passionate professionals who want to donate their skills, pro bono. All Catchafire volunteer opportunities are well scoped, flexible, and include access to support from Catchafire’s team of Nonprofit Advisors.
LinkedIn for Good Volunteering
Job Location: Washington, DC
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org