Website Caris Life Sciences
This listing is about Caris Life Sciences in Irving, TX
About the job
The Service Desk Technician role is a technical support position that provides the first point of contact for end user support. This position will interact with various functional departments providing IT support and troubleshooting for hardware, software and peripheral devices. In this role, you will prioritize support efforts while keeping customer service at the forefront. Answers incoming helpdesk calls and helpdesk tickets, provides first level technical support, assigns tickets to other technicians and groups as well as follow up on open tickets.
- Answers incoming helpdesk calls and emails providing first level support. Creates helpdesk tickets documenting the issue, people affected, assigns proper issue category and priority.
- Troubleshoot and resolve basic hardware and software technical support issues.
- Triage and process incoming tickets in the ITSM solution assigning tickets to technicians and teams throughout the organization.
- Continually checks on open tickets to ensure SLA timeframe is being met.
- Ensure all issues, troubleshooting steps, and detailed resolutions are captured within the ticket.
- Develop knowledge base articles or help sheets and FAQ lists for end users, when applicable.
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent future problems.
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to the next level of support as needed
- Escalate problems (when required) and alerting management to service interruptions and/or outages.
- Initiate major incident notifications and call bridge
- A minimum of 2 years of recent experience troubleshooting various hardware and software technology.
- Strong knowledge of Windows 10 and Office 365
- Availability to work after hours and/or weekends on call rotation
- Conditions of Employment: Individuals must successfully complete pre-employment process, which includes criminal background check, drug screening, and reference verification. Also, individual must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by the date of hire to be considered for U.S.-based jobs, if not currently employed by Caris Life Sciences.
- Experience working with and managing Dell and Apple products.
- Experience working in Healthcare Settings/with Providers/Clinicians.
- Experience working in an ITIL-driven environment and working knowledge of ITIL principles and processes.
Core Skills & Competencies
- Excellent time management, organizational, prioritization skills and ability to balance multiple priorities.
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to stay well-informed of changes and updates in relevant technologies.
- Ability to articulate technical information clearly and simply to non-technical people
- Highly self-motivated, with the ability to prioritize and execute tasks.
- Take a personal interest in, and responsibility for quality of work performed.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail while dealing with a robust flow of issues.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Will work at computer most of the time as well as answering phone calls.
- All job specific, safety, and compliance training are assigned based on the job functions associated with this employee.
- Job may require after-hours response to emergency issues.
- Periodically scheduled on-call may require after-hours response for technical emergencies not explicitly related to assigned job responsibilities.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Caris Life Sciences is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Company: Caris Life Sciences
Job Location: Irving, TX
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org