This listing is about CarGurus in Cambridge, MA
About the job
Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
As an HR Generalist you will be part of the broader People & Talent team working in close partnership with the HR Business Partners acting as a key resource for internal partners across the business. You will focus on a variety of initiatives across the employee lifecycle with significant impact to improving overall employee experience. You will also liaise with other important teams within People & Talent; Total Rewards, Operations, Recruiting, Learning & Development, and will cross train within these functions to provide backup coverage as needed.
What You’ll Do
Act as a frontline resource for Team Leads and Sr/Managers on coaching, development and employee relations matters including:
Annual Performance Process & Goal Setting
- Collaborate with HRBPs on annual promotion and review process including assisting with team calibrations, promotion files, manager coaching and Workday changes
- Partner with managers on Individual Development Plans (IDPs) and Goal setting initiatives
Employee Relations & PIPs
- Autonomously manage employee relations with an unbiased balanced approach with a high degree of discretion
- Lead Performance Improvement Plans (PIPs) partnering with managers on documentation, plan initiation, feedback and execution; check in with ICs over the course of plan to ensure they are receiving feedback
- Manage Workday requests on behalf of managers and ICs relating to vacation balances, requesting sabbaticals, viewing performance reviews
- Partner on annual Engagement survey working with HRBPs to build clear metrics and action plans
- Partner with recruiting on internal transfers and opportunities, actively engage on external recruiting best practices
- Ensure consistency in job classification in offer process
Reporting & Analytics
- Conduct data analysis and prepare presentation materials as needed in line with business and HRBP requests
- Ensure job profile, job classification, career paths are up to date for all employees in Workday
- Manage all Workday related job changes
- Conduct exit Interviews and manage exit process including reporting on exits on a quarterly basis to assess trends, strengths and development opportunities
- Help build and maintain policies
Who You Are
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong and proven project management skills, including leading cross-functional project teams.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education & Experience
- Bachelors degree or equivalent
- 3-5 years experience working within an HR or Operations role
- Experience with employee relations & performance management
- Workday experience a plus
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We’d love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
We recognize that flexibility plays a critical role in enabling our people to thrive in both their personal and professional lives. We currently welcome Gurus into our Cambridge, MA office on a voluntary basis but do not require employees to physically be in the office. We will adopt a hybrid working model when health experts and government officials in our local communities deem it safe to do so. Specific arrangements within this model will be up to team leaders’ discretion; we encourage you to discuss your questions and needs during the interview process.
All US CarGurus employees are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19, unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation. This helps us to safeguard the health of our employees and their families, our customers and visitors, and the community at large.
Job Location: Cambridge, MA
Application Deadline: N/A