Are you looking for a Job at Capita in London, England, United Kingdom
in 2022. Then following info is about this job.
About the job
We’re supporting our clients as they adapt to a new world in the wake of COVID-19. We’re now recruiting for roles which will help our clients to deliver vital services and to resume business wherever possible.
Deal Architect (Commercial)
About The Role
Our Commercial Deal Architects are a core part of our growth and bidding teams, with responsibility for developing the commercial strategies that work for both our business and our clients with the aim of securing viable for deals in our sales pipeline. The ability to build commercial proposals and solutions that meet our financial targets and acceptable risk profiles whilst also delighting our clients is essential. Working alongside sales lead, bid and solutions leads, the Commercial Deal Architect will be involved in all aspects of the sales cycle from opportunity qualification to deal closure. The post holder will work on a wide range of large and complex public sector contracts, with TCVs ranging from £10M to £100M+.
The role requires excellent inter-personal and relationship management skills; the post holder will work with the sales lead and operations’ commercial teams to ensure buy-in to the sales opportunity and secure the relevant approvals through our governance arrangements. At the same time, the role involves working directly with client commercial teams to negotiate and finalise contracts and bring deals to closure.
What You Will Do
- Setting and executing the commercial strategy on growth opportunities (e.g. bids and tenders) and being accountable for the commercial, legal and pricing aspects of the bid and contract negotiation > in each case working closely with the business unit commercial lead, bid Financial Modellers and, divisional legal team.
- Where appropriate, lead dialogue / negotiation sessions with the client in respect of commercial, pricing and legal aspects of each opportunity
- Working across the bid team to identify risks, issues and opportunities to be addressed as part of the overall commercial solution
- Identifying and flagging commercial risks and working with operational teams to put in place the most appropriate mitigation strategy for each risk
- Direct the creation of financial models in conjunction with the Financial Modeller and business unit finance teams to meet a) the needs of the client tender process and b) the internal review process.
- Set the financial model sensitivity (margin) scenarios required to address the deal specific risks and opportunities on a case by case basis
- Creating payment and contract performance mechanisms that meet the requirements of the client’s tender process and are consistent with internally approved positions to enable the operating ‘receiving’ business units to deliver contractual commitments
- Working with the operational commercial team to develop and close appropriate commercial relationships with internal and external service providers, to support bids and deliver services
- Putting in place the commercial closure mechanisms to ensure that there is effective handover and understanding of contractual obligations to the receiving operating divisions / business units once an opportunity has been won and secured
Your Experience Will Include
You should have demonstrable experience in a Commercial Director or senior Commercial Manager role (or similar) with experience in the following:
- Pre contract commercial deal shaping and execution
- Commercial leadership on large and complex public sector deals including experience in navigating the various procurement routes
- Managing risks within a deal environment
- Developing commercial strategies within a competitive bid environment
- Leading complex deal dialogue to shape commercial structures with clients from early in the process
- Effective engagement with multi-disciplinary teams, including bringing together financial, legal and operational points of view
- Managing internal relationships, in particular senior management, to secure buy-in for new opportunities
- Engaging executive-level clients, including negotiating terms and working in a collaborative way to co-design solutions
What’s in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren’t optional extras: they’re how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you generous holiday, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What We Hope You Will Do Next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process – click apply now.
All interviews, assessments and background checks will continue to take place online, to completely remove the need for face-to-face contact. All Capita colleagues who can work from home should do so; and where it is not possible for colleagues to work remotely, we have taken important steps to protect those working from Capita’s offices. Social distancing, enhanced hygiene and safety measures are already in place at all Capita locations that are open to protect our colleagues and manage the risk of COVID-19. The welfare of our people is of paramount importance to us, and we’re doing everything we can to keep our colleagues and customers safe during this time.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Associate
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com