Are you looking for a Job at Capita in United Kingdom
in 2022. Then following info is about this job.
About the job
Shape better services as an Actuarial Analyst
You will assist Scheme Actuaries and Senior Actuarial Analysts/Consultants in provision of advice to a portfolio of corporate defined benefit pension schemes. Work will include triennial valuations and other funding updates, individual member calculations, preparation of accounting numbers, actuarial costings.
ATC – Analyst (Actuarial)
Duties and responsibilities Key Accountabilities:
- Acting as an Actuarial Analyst to a portfolio of schemes, providing full back up support to the Senior Actuarial Analyst/Scheme Actuary and Corporate Actuary.
- Ability to design and provide guidance/ideas on calculations and spreadsheet design for ad-hoc tasks.
- Ability to derive possible assumptions basis and justify rationale to senior colleagues.
- Ability to adapt standard spreadsheets and standard report templates for client requirements.
- Ability to understand the following standard tasks; o Individual calculations o Actuarial valuations, including data work, liability calculations, analysis of surplus, calculation of future contributions, report and document drafting o Accounting disclosures o Funding updates o Benefit redesigns/costings
- Attendance at client meetings, including presenting simple agenda items.
- Providing mentoring to other junior members of the team.
- Assisting with other ad hoc work requests from Scheme Actuaries and Senior Actuarial Analysts/Consultants
- To work within the budgeted hours on each piece of work and work towards a billable hour’s target
- Contribute to a Practice Area Specialist group.
- To be aware of new technical or legislative changes within the marketplace.
- Acts in accordance with any statutory / professional / Pensions Consulting guidelines including (but not limited to): o Continuing Professional Development o Peer review (including maintaining accurate, complete and up-to-date records) o Time recording (including maintaining accurate, complete and up-to-date records) o Conflicts of interest o Risk Management
- Commits to equal treatment of all staff/colleagues and treat everyone fairly.
- Engages with Group’s brand values.
- Actively participates in the Company’s performance management process.
- Agrees personal objectives and goals with managers and make every effort to satisfy these objectives within the specified time frames
- To make satisfactory progress with exams set by the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries
- 2 years’ experience of working with defined benefit pension schemes
- Highly numerate, with at least a Grade B for Maths A level and a numerical based degree with a minimum of a 2:1 level achieved
- Member of the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries and working towards becoming a qualified actuary
- Good progress with the actuarial exams
- Up-to-date knowledge of relevant legislation, pensions, actuarial and FCA requirements. Complies with Professional CPD requirements
- Good communication skills
- Good IT skills
- Experience in using PFaroe actuarial software (preferable)
- Good team player, with excellent attitude and flexible approach to work
About Capita Pensions Solutions
At Capita Pension Solutions (CPS), we create and implement resilient and responsible pension strategies to help your organisation and your people look forward to a more secure financial future. From pensions administration and consultancy, to the latest technology and engagement techniques, we help ensure sustainable investments which support your success. Join us and discover better ways to engage with and value today’s employees.
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive basic salary
- 23 days’ holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks’ fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks…and plenty more
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle – from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
- You’ll also benefit from (e.g. discounted membership at the onsite gym / free parking / weekly lunch club etc.)
You’ll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita. You’ll be joining a network of 63,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we’ll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
To view our Covid-19 and process adjustments information, please visit the Capita Careers site.
What We Hope You’ll Do Next
Choose ‘Apply now’ to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you. If you have any questions you’d like to ask before applying, you can contact [email protected]
All interviews, assessments and background checks will continue to take place online, to completely remove the need for face-to-face contact. All Capita colleagues who can work from home should do so; and where it is not possible for colleagues to work remotely, we have taken important steps to protect those working from Capita’s offices. Social distancing, enhanced hygiene and safety measures are already in place at all Capita locations that are open to protect our colleagues and manage the risk of COVID-19. The welfare of our people is of paramount importance to us, and we’re doing everything we can to keep our colleagues and customers safe during this time.
We’re an equal opportunity employer, which means we’ll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic. We recruit and develop our people based on merit and their passion for creating better outcomes, and we’re committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. During the application process, you’ll be asked to share your personal characteristics and data with us. This helps us understand our audience so we can make sure we are doing everything we can to attract a diverse range of people and ensure our recruitment processes are fair and inclusive.
Home-Based – GBR
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Associate
Job Location: United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org