Are you looking for a Job at Capita in Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
in 2022. Then following info is about this job.
About the job
An excellent opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor / Cost Manager to join Capita Infrastructure’s team in Belfast.
The Cost Manager/Quantity Surveyor will assist the Cost Management Team in leading a multi-million pound infrastructure project contract reporting to the client to ensure that a high level of technical, financial and commercial control is always maintained on projects to which the job holder is assigned.
You will be working as part of a multidisciplinary team undertaking cost duties as appropriate for feasibility studies, design, planning, procurement and undertake construction stage cost management.
Cost Manager / Quantity Surveyor
The ideal candidate will be confident, articulate and possess excellent written and oral communication skills with a desire to progress in the field of Cost Management/Quantity Surveying. Candidates will be keen to progress and undertake additional job-specific training.
What You’ll Be Doing
- To provide support to the Cost Management Team undertaking cost management of multi-million post contract works including reporting to & taking briefs from clients to produce best practice solutions.
- To undertake cost and contract support for construction project planning and delivery including budget cost estimation, risk forecasting and cost/value management. To provide project cost control through cost forecasting/outturns, contract management & administration and performance management of projects.
- To regularly update Senior Management on the progress of projects and provide high quality information to assist the business in decision-making.
- Work standard to meet and follow the quality standards expected, ensuring personnel and staff comply with all procedures.
- Processing of interim monthly valuation assessments and payment certificates for projects.
What We’re Looking For
- Degree Qualified & working towards Chartered Status
- Over 4 years relevant construction industry experience, ideally infrastructure related
- Good knowledge of NEC3 Forms of Contract in particular ECC Options B & C (NEC4 an advantage)
- Sound commercial awareness
- Pre and Post contract experience
About Capita Real Estate And Infrastructure
At Capita Real estate and infrastructure, we create places where people can prosper.
Today, critical infrastructure and public building projects need to be sustainable and environmentally appropriate. They must deliver value for the people that will use them – local communities and businesses – for decades to come. The wide range of demands requires a more holistic approach to design. That’s where we come in.
Our clients rely on our commitment to understanding their challenges and finding smarter solutions, and a broad range of experts offering a distinctively diverse set of skills. Our leadership team, who are practitioners themselves, understand what it takes to deliver.
Our culture is built on over 100 years of delivering excellence and creating solutions for critical infrastructure challenges. This enables us to provide a different perspective and approach; one based on what our clients need and can afford.
From engineering and architectural innovation to environmental sustainability and technologically enabled project delivery, we are renowned for our breadth of expertise and holistic, collaborative approach.
We’re a unique team specializing in infrastructure and buildings; the physical networks which keep the country moving and the places where people and communities can prosper.
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive basic salary.
- 23 days’ holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave.
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice.
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks and plenty more.
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology.
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform.
You’ll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita.
You’ll be joining a network of 63,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we’ll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
What We Hope You’ll Do Next
Choose ‘Apply now’ to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you.
To view our Covid-19 and process adjustments information, please visit the Capita Careers site.
We’re an equal opportunity employer, which means we’ll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic. We recruit and develop our people based on merit and their passion for creating better outcomes, and we’re committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. During the application process, you’ll be asked to share your personal characteristics and data with us. This helps us understand our audience so we can make sure we are doing everything we can to attract a diverse range of people and ensure our recruitment processes are fair and inclusive.
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Associate
Job Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org