Website Canteen North America
This listing is about Canteen North America in Katy, TX
About the job
Posted Date: Feb 13, 2022
- We are hiring immediately for a full-time ASSTISTANT, ACCOUNTING position.
- Location: Canteen Vending – 2747 W. Grand Parkway North Katy, TX 77449. Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: F/T schedule available; Monday – Friday; more details upon interview.
- Requirement: Previous Accounting Assistant experience is preferred.
- Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available
WE MAKE IT EASY!
- You can now chat or text-to-apply, in addition to our standard online apply. Just text JOB to 75000 & search for the requisition ID number 966825 . Click here to view more.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Canteen is a national vending machine operating company offering vending, office coffee service and dining services through a company and franchise network of over 200 locations in 48 states. Canteen’s track record of innovation began in 1929, when company founder Nathaniel Leverone built his business strategy around three timeless principles: integrity, customer focus and innovation.
Summary: Under the guidance of the Accounting Manager, performs duties associated with accounts payable and/or account receivables.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports the Accounts Payable function (e.g. check runs, review entries).
- Reviews invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
- Responds to vendor inquiries.
- Maintains reports, spreadsheets and accounting files.
- Researches and solves payment discrepancies.
- Makes adjustments to accounts as necessary.
- Prepares bank deposits.
- Completes bank reconciliation.
- Follows up on aging accounts.
- Prepares and maintains financial and business transactions.
- Assists with reporting to support month-end accounting close entries; prepares various account reconciliations.
- Develops and runs queries using Access and Excel.
- Prepares other accounting-related reports and accounting duties as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Full time associates at Canteen are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Company: Canteen North America
Job Location: Katy, TX
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org