Website Canopius Group
Are you looking for a Job at Canopius Group in London, England, United Kingdom
in 2022. Then following info is about this job.
About the job
This is a permanent role starting within the Reinsurance Claims Department. The Reinsurance claims team comprises of 8 experienced and commercially focused claims professionals based in London, however, our claims reach extends worldwide including colleagues from WNS (Pune, India), Bermuda, Australia & Singapore.
The role is an entry level role into the Insurance industry, leading to possible future career paths in insurance claims, loss adjusting or reinsurance. Entering the world of Insurance whilst gaining an introduction to the industry which will be transferable across future roles.
What qualification is achieved?
This apprenticeship provides professional membership to the Chartered Insurance Institute. It is also the first step on the route to an Advanced Diploma in Insurance (ACII) qualification.
What is Reinsurance?
Reinsurance is an important risk management tool used by insurance companies to protect themselves from large financial losses. In other words, reinsurance is insurance for insurance companies. Insurance providers pay premiums to reinsurers. In exchange, reinsurers provide coverage for losses incurred by insurance providers up to a specified amount that is negotiated by both parties. Similar to insurance for your home, reinsurance acts as a safety net by transferring risk to another party.
Reinsurance Peril: – an event that causes damage to your home or property and consequently, results in financial loss. Examples of perils include; Forest Fires, Storms, Hurricanes, Typhoons, Floods, Explosions, Grounding, Pipeline Damage, Collision, Cargo Damage, Capsize, Road Traffic Accident, Major Injuries Fraud / Misrepresentation
Different types of Reinsurance Business – US Property Reinsurance / International Property Reinsurance / Marine Reinsurance / Casualty Reinsurance / International Casualty Reinsurance
Responsibilities will include:
- Assist the Global Reinsurance Claims Team, proactively supporting claim handlers with their Analytical Research and supporting Renewals.
- Provide support towards the claim file management within the Reinsurance claims portfolio.
- Summarising research, and articles in a format that is more easily digested at speed.
- Assisting with the production of client deliverables including basic reports, briefing notes.
- Assisting the Reinsurance Claims Team with ad-hoc projects where required (Static & Pre-Static portfolio).
Training across other business functions including Actuarial / Underwriting / Compliance will be provided, alongside training within the wider claims team, including Claims Operations and other lines of business.
- An understanding of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint);
- A willingness to learn and get involved;
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written);
- Enjoy collaborating with others and offering ideas;
- Keen to develop themselves as an individual;
- Strong problem solving skills; and
- Excellent organisational and time keeping skills with an ability to meet deadlines.
Achieved grade B in GCSE Maths and English Language (or equivalent).
Predicted / Achieved A-levels/BTEC and achieved a minimum of 3 B’s or 120 UCAS points or 300 for those who studied before 2017.
A-level/ BTEC Economics, Law or Business studies desirable.
Before applying consider the following:
- Which apprenticeship I would like to work in?
- Am I able to work or commute to London?
- Why you would like to work in the world of Insurance?
- Application form
Please complete the online application form by uploading your CV and covering letter. Included in your covering letter should be details about why you would like to apply for the particular apprenticeship and what draws you to Canopius and the Insurance industry. This should be no longer than 500 words.
Submissions for applications will close by the end of May.
- Video recording interviews
If successful in the CV and covering letter submission you will then be invited to complete an online video interview. The interview will ask specific questions relating to your chosen apprenticeship scheme.
We will then review your interview and will let you know the outcome within a two week period. If you are successful in passing the video interview, we will then let you know if we can progress you to the next stage.
The assessment centre will be scheduled in around the end of June.
- Starting date
The apprenticeships will be starting in September 2022.
You must have legal right to work in the UK as our apprentice roles are not ones we can sponsor.
You will not be able to apply for an apprenticeship:
- Where you have already achieved the skills, knowledge and behaviours that would form part of the Apprenticeship you have applied for.
- Where you hold qualifications, in the same subject area, that are at a higher grade than the Apprenticeship you have applied for.
- If you are currently undertaking another Apprenticeship or Qualification which won’t be completed by September 2022.
- If the Apprenticeship replicates learning you have already completed elsewhere.
Canopius is a global specialty lines (re)insurer. We are one of the leading insurers in the Lloyd’s of London insurance market with offices in the UK, US, Singapore, Australia and Bermuda.
At Canopius we foster a distinctive, positive culture which enables us to bring our whole selves to work to flourish as people, and build a business which delivers profitable, sustainable results.
Based in incredible new offices in the heart of the City of London, Canopius operates a flexible, hybrid working model and is committed to providing an environment that challenges employees to be their best and where everyone’s unique contributions are recognised, valued and respected.
We offer all employees a comprehensive benefits package that focuses on their whole wellbeing. Canopius’ market-leading proposition offers financial, physical, social and psychological health and wellbeing benefits to ensure we create a working experience which gives everyone the freedom to do their best work.
We are fully committed to equal employment opportunities for all applicants and providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are made regardless of age, sex, gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, religion or
beliefs, marital or caring status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage and welcome applicants from all diverse backgrounds.
We make reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process and during employment. Please let us know if you require any information in an alternate format or any other reasonable adjustments.
Company: Canopius Group
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Internship
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org