Are you looking for a Job at BT in Manchester, England, United Kingdom
in 2022. Then following info is about this job.
About the job
Our mission is to break down the barriers of today to release the potential of tomorrow. Join us today and release yours.
There are two things that we want to share with anyone considering joining us.
Firstly, we’ve got big ambitions for our colleagues and the future of the organisation. These include our vision that inclusion and accessibility drive every conversation we have and every decision we make. We want our workforce to fully represent the communities and customers we serve, because a diverse business is a better business. We value every colleague, their diversity and the contribution that they make. When we say you’re welcome at BT, we really mean it.
Secondly, the one thing the pandemic has taught us is that a lot of current and future colleagues, where and when possible, want to embrace hybrid working. Therefore, we are introducing smart working at BT. Smart working means having the flexibility to choose, as a team, how and where you work depending on your team’s deliverables and needs; when you are at your shared core location to connect with others and when not. It may not be for every role, and, as part of the recruitment process, you’ll have the chance to discuss smart working and how it might work for the job you are applying for.
About This Role
As an experienced, self-motivated Product Designer, with strong UX and UI skills, you will take ownership of the end-to-end experience, lead design within your squad, collaborate with the wider team from discovery and research, workshops, ideation activities, sketching and prototyping, all the way to the final deliverables.
You will also be encouraged to influence the product backlogs, ensuring that every decision and every experience adds value to our customers and achieves our business goals. In addition to this you will be using data and observing customer behaviours to continually optimise the experiences you create. As a representative of the design team, you will focus on best practice design, ensure that all designs align to our experience principles, be clear about the objectives of the experiences and the problems they solve and that we stay true to the brand.
You’ll Have The Following Responsibilities
You will be accountable for being the confident, objective voice of our users. Relentlessly chasing needs-based innovation and producing world class quality experiences.
- Deliver designs that perform commercially and allow the customer to achieve their desired outcomes
- Design human centred, end to end experiences
- Articulate customers problems and needs
- Lead/participate in discovery activities to define the problem space
- Formulate and validate hypotheses on how to achieve a desired outcome
- Plan and execute summative user research
- Create prototypes for testing to validate and shape your solutions
- Support the continuous improvement of the user experience and the product
- Share your knowledge across relevant squads to ensure our experiences for the customer are consistent across our platforms Help to continually develop a strong team culture across the design team and the wider Digital team
You’ll Have The Following Skills & Experience
A spectrum of expertise across the following skills (with a specialism in some areas):
- Very strong UX and UI skills
- Able to use Interaction Design & Prototyping to define the order and experience of user’s activities
- Ensures each moment is intentionally created using Micro Interaction Design
- Designs end-to-end journeys with user needs and data at their heart
- You can analyse behaviours and appetites using data analysis, MVT & A/B Testing
- Knowledge of modern, emerging web and mobile UX/UI design patterns and experiences
- Flourishes in an environment of continuous learning and eager to advance your craft further
- Good understanding of the technical basics around web and app applications
- Ability to communicate and collaborate in cross-functional teams
Expected Experience & behaviours
- Proven xperience as a product designer (or roles with similar skills) with a good amount of that time working on ecommerce experiences.
- Ability to take a project from ideation to completion and continually improve a customer experience
- Experience working in lean agile squads
The following qualities:
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills with an intrinsic ability to turn complexity into simplicity
- Lean approach to action; continually finding ways to deliver more value to the customer and the business with less effort, driving efficient ways of working
- Entrepreneurial and flexible approach to activities; adapting behaviours and proactively removing barriers to delivering results
At BT, we entertain, educate and empower millions of people every single day. We’re a brand built on connecting people – whether that’s friends, family, businesses or communities. Working here, you’ll receive an attractive salary and a range of competitive benefits, but – more than that – you’ll be joining an ambitious organisation with a culture of togetherness, collaboration and inclusivity, that takes a genuine and proactive interest in your progress and development. Benefits of working for BT include:
- Competitive salary
- World-class training and development opportunities
- 25 days’ annual leave (not including bank holidays)
- Discounted broadband, mobile and TV packages
- Share option and pension scheme programmes
- Flexible benefits to fit around you
BT is an equal opportunities employer. We’re working hard to create an inclusive working environment, where people from all backgrounds can succeed. We want to make sure your recruitment experience is the best it can be – so, if you’re selected for an interview, please let us know if there’s any adjustments we can make that would be helpful for you.
BT has a key role in British society, fostering change and leading technology innovation. From delivering the Olympics, to supporting the emergency services, to investing more into research than any other UK technology company, we take pride in everything we do – and in the people who work here.
We’re now a global company operating at the forefront of the information age, employing 90,000 people in 180 countries. And we’re on a mission. Guided by our core values of Personal, Simple and Brilliant our goal is to help customers, communities and businesses overcome barriers and release their potential.
So, if you’re interested in the power of potential, why not join us today and release yours? You can read more here about what it’s like to work at BT
How To Apply
It’s easy to apply online; you just need a copy of your up-to-date CV and to follow the step-by step process. Don’t worry if you need to make changes – you’ll have the opportunity to review and edit your work on the final page. We look forward to receiving your application!
UK & Ireland-United Kingdom-West Midlands-Birmingham
UK & Ireland-United Kingdom-London-London, UK & Ireland-United Kingdom-Lancashire-Manchester, UK & Ireland-United Kingdom-Avon-Bristol
Competitive with great benefits
May 12, 2022, 4:29:00 AM
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org