Are you looking for a Job at bp in London, England, United Kingdom
in 2022. Then following info is about this job.
About the job
Job Profile Summary
Are you looking for a career in tech that truly helps make the world a better place? bp is moving through the biggest transition in its 100+ year history with the goal of becoming one of the world’s largest renewable energy providers and achieving net zero carbon emissions by 2050. To make this transition, we are hiring exceptional platform engineers to power our business end to end, from building new infrastructure and services through to customer facing web and native mobile applications. We are hiring builders that are comfortable defining their own direction, who can move fast and tackle complex challenges, and who want to work with strong peers and leaders from tech companies like Uber, Google, Facebook, Tesla, and Amazon.
Locations: This role can be based in London/Aberdeen, United Kingdom, United States, Malaysia, Singapore, and European countries.
bp’s Innovation & Engineering (I&E) organization is the central organization for all platform and software development. We build all the technology that powers bp’s businesses, from upstream energy production to downstream delivery of energy to our customers. We have a variety of teams depending on your areas of interest, including infrastructure and backend services through to customer-facing web and native applications. We encourage our teams to adapt quickly by using native AWS and Azure services, including serverless, and enable them to pick the best technology for a given problem. This is meant to empower our platform engineers while allowing them to learn and develop themselves.
What You Will Do For Us…
- Build and lead bp’s engineering squads with the technical skills required to deliver bp’s ERP/SAP platforms in a secure, reliable, resilient and efficient way aligned to the needs of your customers. This includes managing the technical debt across the platforms through AWS cloud migrations and upgrades as well as working on major business transformation programmes. The team consists of staff and partners from across multiple global technology hubs.
- Continually improve the productivity of the platforms through a focus on automation and adoption of modern and efficient ways of working and tooling, championing the adoption of the latest technologies to make bp’s SAP platform delivery best in class.
- Contribute to bp’s evolving ERP/SAP strategy as an SAP technology subject matter expert.
- Own and govern delivery of strategic operational relationships including SAP and key system integrators to maintain operational effectiveness acting as an escalation point for critical business impacting production or project issues as required. This includes accountability for SAP software licensing and software audit activities, SAP ActiveAttention services, contract ownership with partners including evolving how those partners provide relevant services and capability to bp.
- Own and refine bp’s SAP frameworks, standards and software development methodologies to enable accelerated delivery of change whilst demonstrating absolute compliance to digital security and audit compliance requirements.
- Hire and develop others by mentoring junior platform engineers and peers, and proactively sharing your expertise and interests with others.
- Manage a budget in excess of $40m per annum.
- Strong experience in leading technology teams with experience of major project delivery, operations and/or architecture design in complex global ERP environments.
- Experience of managing large geographically dispersed teams including both internal and third-party in an agile delivery environment.
- In depth knowledge of the SAP Technology Stack including infrastructure on either AWS or Azure as well as SAP Cloud products such as Business Technology Platform (BTP). Experience to S/4 Hana would be an advantage as would a background in Basis and/or ABAP development.
- Experience in system design of both new and existing systems. You should understand security and privacy best practices as well as how to properly implement telemetry and monitoring frameworks. Experience of SAP Focussed solutions such as Focussed Run would be an advantage.
- Commercial acumen and experience of leading contract IT negotiations.
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate with your peers through to senior leaders. You should be able to engage and influence others to understand customer needs, describe what you’re doing, work through problems and find productive solutions.
Why join us
At bp, we support our people to learn and grow in a diverse and challenging environment. We believe that our team is strengthened by diversity. We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected and treated fairly.
There are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are meaningful, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits can include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, excellent retirement benefits, among others!
Innovation & Engineering
Job Family Group
Yes – up to 10%
INNOVATION & ENGINEERING
Join us in creating, growing, and delivering innovation at pace, enabling us to thrive while transitioning to a net zero world. All without compromising our operational risk management.
Working With Us, You Can Do This By
- deploying our integrated capability and standards in service of our net zero and safety ambitions
- driving our digital transformation and pioneering new business models
- collaborating to deliver competitive customer-focused energy solutions
- originating, scaling and commercialising innovative ideas, and creating ground-breaking new businesses from them
- protecting us by assuring management of our greatest physical and digital risks
Because Together We Are
- Originators, builders, guardians and disruptors
- Engineers, technologists, scientists and entrepreneurs
- Empathetic, curious, creative and inclusive
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, neurodiversity/neurocognitive functioning, veteran status or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations.
Vacancy Type: Contract · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com