Website Birmingham and Solihull Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust
Are you looking for a Job at Birmingham and Solihull Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust in Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
in 2022. Then following info is about this job.
About the job
Are you looking for variety, flexibility, challenge and the chance to progress your career into providing modern mental health care in a prison setting?
Fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Mental Health or Learning Disability nurse. We are seeking a Deputy Ward Manager (Band 6) to join the Inpatient team here at HMP Birmingham. We are a NHS service provider and work alongside a number of partnership agencies.
We are an expanding services with focused pathways on Secondary mental health, Trauma Informed Care, Personality Disorder, Dementia care and Learning Disability and looking to build a skilled workforce that can meet the variety and challenge that working in a custodial setting brings.
HMP Birmingham, which is an Adult Category B prison with a diverse range of nursing needs. HMP Birmingham currently holds a maximum of 970 prisoners, with a combination of both sentenced and remand Adult males. Due to reconfiguration of the wider prison estate, HMP Birmingham will solely be responsible for the remand estate going forward and we are looking for a team member that can meet the challenges this will bring.
There is a great opportunity to embrace change and embed culture. The role will be an experience like no other, requiring a diverse mixed nursing skills background and attracts nurses from a range of professional specialist areas.
- RMN/RNLD Qualification
- NMC Registration
- A working knowledge of the Mental Health Act and those related to offender health.
- Patient centred, individualised care approach
- Demonstration of skills including effective communication, empathy, self-awareness, and critical self-reflection.
- Work alongside our multidisciplinary clinical team and support the work they do.
- Physical health assessments, including learning about management of health conditions that may be outside your current area of confidence and experience.
- Medication management
- Enthusiasm and motivation to lead the planning and implementation of team learning opportunities, patient interventions and activities.
- To assist the Clinical Team Manager in the provision of clinical leadership and to be a clinical role model to the team.
- To act on behalf of and deputise as directed by the Clinical Team Manager in their absence and provide quality evidence-based prison nursing advice support and care for offenders with mental health needs and their carers within a multidisciplinary setting in a in-patient healthcare setting at HMP Birmingham.
- To assist with the assessment of prisoners in mental health crisis via a Regional rota that supports access to 24hr healthcare across three prisons.
Welcome to Birmingham and Solihull Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust. Our 4000 clinical and support staff help us to improve mental health wellbeing and meet the needs of the 70,000 people we serve each year. We provide a range of mental healthcare services across Birmingham and Solihull, as well as specialised services nationally. We also offer medical, nursing and psychology training and are proud of our international reputation for both research and innovation.
Our population is culturally diverse, characterised in places by high levels of deprivation which create an increasing demand for our services and a necessity for us to make sure everyone can access the help they need. We are a team of compassionate, inclusive and committed people working together to provide excellent care to support our community. If you are looking for a place to belong, where you can make a real difference to people’s lives, join our team where our warm welcome is waiting for you.
For further details / informal visits contact: Name: Tracey Fisher Job title: Service Manager Email address: [email protected] Telephone number: 0121 598 8009
Jasmine Bates, Clinical Team Manager- for formal discussion or visit. on 0121 598 8017 or via email [email protected]
Company: Birmingham and Solihull Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com