Website Best Buy
This listing is about Best Buy in Plymouth Meeting, PA
About the job
The Project Team Specialist is responsible for the implementation of all merchandising and functionality tasks associated with large-scale renovations, vendor supported activities, decommissions, store disaster recovery, special projects, and other company initiatives as assigned. This involves working both dayside and overnight shifts as part of the Deployment Project Team center of excellence. Projects includes building fixtures and displays, complex built-in appliance installation, setting planograms and graphics, and ensuring our stores are ready for business each day. They complete these tasks across retail, specialty stores, Pacific Home & Kitchen, Magnolia, territory and market offices, and supply chain locations. They also provide support and assistance to the Deployment Functionality Technician on the deployment of low-voltage IT scope during these projects. The Project Team Specialist position involves travel away from home and overnight shifts up to 75% of the year.
At Best Buy, we create work environments where every employee feels like they truly belong and contribute to our shared purpose. We are one of the best companies for our customers and employees because we fully embrace people from all backgrounds and identities. Our customer base is diverse, and we are committed to ensuring that our workforce is reflective of the communities we serve.
We are obsessed with building long term relationships with our customers. Every team member should feel empowered to deliver a world-class and unique experience based on what each customer needs.
- Drives a positive customer experience by building relationships and providing solutions to their needs.
- Completes merchandising tasks including complex interactive display setup, low-voltage and AV distribution support, extensive category planograms setup, implementation of new and reflowed fixture configurations, signage execution, installation of product security devices, and other tasks as assigned.
- Achieves certification and installs complex premium appliances within kitchen vignettes in Best Buy and Pacific Sales locations.
- Completes all assigned project merchandising and store display functionality support to acceptable standards within given timelines, including follow-up of known issues.
- Assists Project Deployment Supervisor with the training of new project team members through job shadowing and sharing of best practices.
- Implement new interactive displays and technologies during renovations, vendor supported activities, and special projects.
- Assists the Deployment Functionality Technician with the installation and troubleshooting work.
- Perform basic and advanced functionality support on store interactive displays during large scale resets and remodels.
- Maintains a high level of knowledge and proficiency of complex vendor-provided displays.
- Ability to safely use small hand tools, light duty power tools, and other in-house equipment
- Ability to work extended overnight and weekend shifts
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the year
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Current, valid driver’s license
- Have and maintain a driving record which meets Best Buy safety standards (e.g. minimal number of violations/accidents, etc.)
- 3 months of demonstrated merchandising, technical and/or functionality support skills.
Company: Best Buy
Job Location: Plymouth Meeting, PA
Application Deadline: N/A