Website Berry Global, Inc.
This listing is about Berry Global Inc in Franklin, KY
About the job
Berry Global Berry Global, headquartered in Evansville, Indiana, is committed to its mission of ‘Always Advancing to Protect What’s Important.’ With $ 13 billion in revenue for fiscal year 2019 on a combined pro forma basis from operations , Berry is a leading global supplier of a broad range of innovative nonwoven, flexible, and rigid products used every day within consumer and industrial end markets. Berry operates over 290 manufacturing facilities worldwide , on six continents, and employs over 48 ,000 individuals.
At Berry, we pursue excellence in all that we do and are always advancing to improve the way we work along with the products and services we provide. Our culture fosters trust and partnerships through appreciation, acknowledgement, and inclusion. At Berry, we are continuously improving to support our mission and exemplify our values of partnerships, excellence, growth, and safety. To learn more about Berry, visit berryglobal.com
- Work from established procedures, written and/or verbal instructions.
- Assist operator with set-ups for proper width, length and packaging of various product put-ups.
- Load tape drums and remove empty drum cores using the overhead hoist system.
- Where applicable, manually load slitter spindles with tape cores.
- During slitting operation, assist operator and other crewmembers with their duties to ensure a continuous flow of materials and product.
- Assist operator with visual inspections for quality products.
- Where applicable use overhead hoist to move spindles and rolls tape in and out of slitter with the aid of the operator.
- Where applicable manually load and unload spindles and rolls of tape from slitter with the aid of the operator
- Notify supervisor of any quality or maintenance problems.
- Perform minor machine and adjustments as needed.
- Must be able to perform operator’s duties during breaks and absence.
- Follow prescribed safety and GMP regulations.
- Must learn to fill out the slitter check sheet and rewind sheet properly.
- Perform quality checks in accordance with check sheets and established standards.
- Learn how to thread the slitter and make proper splices.
- Help perform changeovers and set-up knife banks and spindles.
- Replace knives as needed.
- Rebuild knife frame assemblies, as needed.
- Where applicable, stack off finished goods onto the appropriate pallet.
- Where applicable, maintain the case sealer and keep it supplied in sealing tape
- Maintain necessary records.
- Maintain work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Perform other duties as required or directed.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Previous manufacturing experience preferred
- Must have excellent attendance
- Maintain a safe work environment
- Must be able to work overtime as required
- Must be able to perform all duties in a safe and effective manner
- Ability to read and write.
Company: Berry Global, Inc.
Job Location: Franklin, KY
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org