Website Berry Global, Inc.
This listing is about Berry Global Inc in West Monroe, LA
About the job
Berry Global Berry Global, headquartered in Evansville, Indiana, is committed to its mission of ‘Always Advancing to Protect What’s Important.’ With $ 13 billion in revenue for fiscal year 2019 on a combined pro forma basis from operations , Berry is a leading global supplier of a broad range of innovative nonwoven, flexible, and rigid products used every day within consumer and industrial end markets. Berry operates over 290 manufacturing facilities worldwide , on six continents, and employs over 48 ,000 individuals.
At Berry, we pursue excellence in all that we do and are always advancing to improve the way we work along with the products and services we provide. Our culture fosters trust and partnerships through appreciation, acknowledgement, and inclusion. At Berry, we are continuously improving to support our mission and exemplify our values of partnerships, excellence, growth, and safety. To learn more about Berry, visit berryglobal.com
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Follow and support all Company safety, GMP and ISO policies.
- Maintain a safe work environment by following safety policies and conducting daily section inspections.
- Knows and assures that all safety checks are made before putting equipment in line.
- Maintains quality standards according to specifications and tolerances.
- Checks and records quality data per work instructions.
- Reports Section Leader of weight variances in finished product.
- Reports bad quality product to Section Lead.
- Maintain good housekeeping to 6-S standards.
- Reads “Traveler” – Bill of Materials (BOM)
- Checks special instructions.
- Knows when changeovers are to occur.
- Knows what supplies are needed.
- Able to start machines up, shut machines down and make change overs following procedures.
- Set gussets.
- Thread equipment.
- Make changes to downstream equipment.
- Knowledge to set heat profiles for different resin blends.
- Able to adjust equipment to maintain good yields.
- Able to adjust equipment to maximize production.
- Able to make timely change overs to reduce scrap.
- Knows how to properly change screen and clean screen block.
- Able to make adjustments to length, width and weight of bag product.
- Able to make adjustments on separator, input speed and alignment.
- Returns all materials to proper location when change overs are completed.
- Keeps up with resins, blend hoppers and monitors pumping system to keep resin flowing.
- Able to assist in running multiple lines while ensuring high standard of output and quality.
- Move packaging materials to the lines as needed or requested.
- Insures that boxed resins, fillers, or concentrates are staged at lines.
- Return all materials to proper location when no longer needed on line.
- Set up and rebuild printers.
- Set up tapers and change tape rolls.
- Able to make minor repairs on equipment and aid in trouble shooting with maintenance technicians.
- Performs routine equipment repairs.
- Performs routine PM’s
- Writes maintenance work requests when equipment repairs are beyond training.
- Must pass electric pallet jack certification.
- Must complete forklift certification.
- Weighs scrap boxes at the end of each shift or when full and records net pounds.
- Inspects all pallets for accuracy in regards to weight and correct stacking configuration.
- Check fuel level in fork truck before the end of shift.
- Works on all lines and areas of Low Density, High Density, Pack Area and Agricultural Departments.
- Able to pack on all lines and in the Pack Room.
- Utilizes time well to assist in box labeling, stenciling, assembling boxes and giving breaks as required.
- Responsible for inspecting trash containers for recyclables before dumping.
- Helps to train employees in job duties from current position to entry level position.
- High School diploma or GED, preferred.
- Experience in a team-work oriented environment a plus.
- 3 to 6 months experience working as a Packer 2 and/or
- 3 to 6 months experience working in manufacturing in a related field.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education And/or Experience
Other Skills And Abilities
- Able to use hand tools to perform mechanical repairs.
- Ability use measuring instruments properly.
- Ability to read and understand a traveler.
- Ability to document quality and weight on bag check sheets.
- Ability to thread up a line.
- Language skills:
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, checklists, correspondence and memos.
- Ability to effectively communicate and present information one-on-one and in small group situations.
- Mathematical skills:
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate and percent using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate and percent.
Company: Berry Global, Inc.
Job Location: West Monroe, LA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org