Are you looking for a Job at Benevity in Victoria, BC
in 2022. Then following info is about this job.
About the job
Benevity’s award-winning corporate purpose software empowers companies and their people to take social action on the issues and causes they care about. Through giving, volunteering, grant-making and positive actions, we help 650+ clients (and counting!) build better cultures and engage their employees and customers to create greater social and business impact. We’re also one of the first B-Corps in Canada, meaning we’re as committed to purpose as we are to profits.
We are seeking a talented Software Development Manager to join our growing technology team.
Who You Are
- You have a successful track record as a software development manager working with cloud-based technologies.
- You have demonstrated experience, knowledge and passion of the Payments processing industry and associated technologies.
- You love to build technology teams that deliver exceptional product experiences in high-growth companies.
- You thrive on developing people, building team culture and engagement, and direct functional people leadership.
- You have experience in end-to-end SaaS product development, at scale, in enterprise environments.
- You maintain a high level of technical knowledge, including at a code level, to accurately engage with the team and validate assumptions.
- You provide guidance and ensure the team is making sound technology decisions while balancing business and technical constraints.
- You lead with empathy and have a high degree of self-awareness.
- You help build business and client context for the team to foster a sense of team ownership.
- You are passionate, not pedantic, about development methodologies and are able to adapt and change approach.
- You see opportunities in working with legacy code and optimizing existing systems.
- You take satisfaction in leaving code, processes, and people better than when you got there.
- You are obsessed with designing, building and deploying scalable, highly-available systems.
- You subscribe to the idea that companies should be socially responsible and are looking for meaningful work.
Change the World Through Technology
If you want to build technology teams who are empowered to share their voices (and visions!) as they co-create innovative products for the world’s coolest companies, Benevity is the place for you. You’ll be an integral part of a tech transformation at a high-growth company that is changing the way businesses and people do good in the world.
You’ll get that competitive salary, flexible health benefits, mental health support, a generous bonus program, stock options, a hybrid office/home work environment and so much more. Plus, Benevity’s very own MyGoodness program inspires our people to donate, volunteer and take action for the causes and issues they care about.
If you want to lead tech transformation, you belong at Benevity.
Join a company where DEIB isn’t a buzzword
The diverse backgrounds, experiences, skills and passions of our people make it possible for us to keep innovating as the market leader in our space.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging are part of Benevity’s DNA. You’ll see the impact of our massive investment in DEIB daily—from our Black Employee Network making space for us to have difficult conversations to our Pride events and the exceptional diversity on our leadership and tech teams.
We strive to build a strong culture of Belonging so that every Benevity-ite feels included and can thrive as their authentic selves — in a place where everyone has an equitable opportunity to shine!
Here at Benevity, we are committed to creating a culture of belonging and that starts with a fair and accessible hiring process. Any candidates with disabilities who may require accommodations throughout the hiring or assessment process, are encouraged to reach out to [email protected].
If you want to feel seen, heard and celebrated, you belong at Benevity.
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: Victoria, BC
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com