This listing is about Battelle in Columbus, OH
About the job
Battelle delivers when others can’t. We conduct research and development, manage national laboratories, design and manufacture products and deliver critical services for our clients—whether they are a multi-national corporation, a small start-up or a government agency.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
Battelle is seeking a Chemistry Technician. The position is located in Columbus, OH.
Responsible for the proper operation and maintenance assigned instrument. Analyze routine samples on GC-based instruments, or specialized instruments. Conduct corrective and routine maintenance on instruments.
- Works on assignments that are semi-routine in nature where ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required.
- May train and guide less experienced staff and may provide input to performance reviews.
- Verifies the accuracy, applicability, and reasonableness of project work. Is encouraged to make recommendations but has limited discretion when making judgments and completing tasks.
- Conducts standard as well as non-standard tasks under close supervision and guidance of more experienced staff. Keeps supervisor informed regularly on status of work.
- Perform all aspects of instrument operations including instrument set up, calibrations, troubleshooting, operation, maintenance, and instrument documentation.
- Specific operations include sample analyses, data acquisition, data editing, report generating, and instrument/data management system interfacing.
- Perform chemical and physical analyses in accordance with (IAW) Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) on laboratory instrumentation to:
- Determine specific data required and the best approach to obtain that data.
- Identify and quantitate various analytes.
- Evaluate and interpret results of analyses.
- Perform precision and accuracy studies.
- Preparation of chemistry samples prior to analysis
- Performance of a variety of wet chemical techniques to extract analytes of interest from a variety of matrices
- Preparation of calibration standards and solutions
- Operate IAW approved plans and procedures, and recommend changes to current SOPs.
- Operate IAW the chemical hygiene and laboratory safety requirements.
- Maintain an inventory of all items required for assigned instrument(s)
- Maintain instrument logbooks
- Ensure analytical data is properly stored and archived
- Process analytical data for inclusion into the appropriate reports.
- Properly respond to emergencies and perform tasks, as required.
- Perform Self-Aid and Buddy Aid as necessary.
- Other duties, as assigned
The Following Is Required
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Associate degree in any physical science preferred, with knowledge of basic chemistry, physics, and mathematics.
- Three (3) years chemistry laboratory experience with two (2) years of hands-on operation and maintenance of gas chromatographs preferred.
- Ability to successfully pass medical screen, including the ability to wear a respirator and other PPE, lift up to 50 lbs. and work in the proximity of toxic chemicals.
- Must be a US Citizen. The applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements. In addition, applicant selected will be subject to qualification in accordance with Army Regulation 50-6, for placement in the U.S. Army Chemical Personnel Reliability Program (CPRP).
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED
- Experience working in a GLP laboratory
The above statements are intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, activities and skills required of staff members. No statement herein is intended to imply any authorities to commit Battelle unless special written permission is granted by Battelle’s Legal Department.
Battelle’s benefits program supports employees so they can be at their best at home and at work. It’s a comprehensive package including:
- A benefits concierge service to help you understand and use your benefits
- Paid parental leave and family formation support
- A holistic wellness community and employee assistance program offering physical, mental, financial, legal and family support
In compliance with President Biden’s Executive Order 14042 and the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force COVID-19 Workplace Safety: Guidance for Federal Contractors and Subcontractors, Battelle requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and continued employment and to provide documentation that they are fully vaccinated. Battelle will provide reasonable accommodations based on a qualified disability or medical condition through the Americans with Disabilities Act or the Rehabilitation Act or for a sincerely held religious belief under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (and related state laws).
Battelle is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. If a reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact [email protected]
Battelle is an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, genetic information, disability, veteran-status veteran or military status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable Federal, state, or local law. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers
Job Location: Columbus, OH
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com