Are you looking for a Job at Baringa in London, England, United Kingdom
in 2022. Then following info is about this job.
About the job
Baringa Partners is a fast-growing consultancy with around 1000 employees, and offices within seven of the world’s leading markets; UK, Germany, Belgium, US, Singapore, Bulgaria and Australia. We are a consultancy with a difference; we put our people first and are passionate about providing our clients with deep technical and industry insights that deliver real and measurable results – with pragmatism. Being an independent consultancy, we are not afraid to bring our own point of view, and challenge to help clients create outcomes that are right for them.
About The Corporate Function
The purpose of our Corporate Team is to help the business grow and make our peoples’ lives easier. To do this we provide business capabilities and services across Finance, IT, HR, Legal, Marketing and Operations.
Baringa is at a key inflexion point in its journey from being a small, intimate business with high degrees of entrepreneurialism and individual independence, to being a bigger, international business which needs more consistency and infrastructure – but not too much. We don’t want to lose our pioneering, start-up-style adaptability and flexibility, but at the same time, we want to operate with more consistency and predictability.
As part of this journey our approach to sustainability is also maturing. As a business we have made a commitment to have a net positive impact for our people, communities, the environment, and our clients as evidenced by our ambition to become a certified B-Corp. Our passion and commitment to environmental and social sustainability goes beyond just CSR, it is part of who we are and how we work. Having established a market leading Climate Change client proposition the firm is now committed to making significant investment in our internal capability. With the support and mandate from senior leadership we are looking for passionate individuals to help us put in place innovative and industry leading initiatives.
What will you be doing?
The main purpose of this role is to lead the delivery of our Sustainability agenda with a focus on Environmental issues. The role will be responsible for turning Strategy into action and driving Sustainability practices into operational processes across facilities management, recruitment, learning & development, events, risk management & IT.
The role will manage and co-ordinate work across numerous delivery projects as well as working with the cross-company sustainability leadership team to set the direction of the firm in terms of internal Sustainability ambitions and commitments. Additionally, the role will own responding to client information requests, meeting external disclosure requirements, and maintaining/ seeking relevant accreditations.
The key accountabilities of this role can be categorised as follows:
- Provide internal subject matter expertise on ESG and Sustainability related topics to challenge and inform strategy
- Shape and deliver plans to turn our internal Sustainability Strategy into action, including systematically reducing carbon emissions and the environmental impact of our business and supply chain and supporting social impact objectives
- Work with Business stakeholders to identify actions & activities required to deliver on Sustainability objectives
- Line manage a delivery team of 2 FTE including a Sustainability Analyst and Sustainability Advisor
- Ensure progress against targets is accurately tracked and we are meeting our external commitments
- Manage overall disclosure approach including owning annual submissions to schemes such as CDP and EcoVadis, driving annual ESG reporting and supporting responses to client information requests
- Oversee external verification of emissions reporting and environmental management system approaches
- Liaise with recruitment, HR and L&D colleagues to support education and engagement across the business on Sustainability related topics
- Drive culture change and work closely with the business to embed new policies & procedures to support meeting our Sustainability goals
- Collaborate with international offices to ensure a Global approach to Sustainability
So, what are we looking for?
The Successful Candidate Will Possess The Following Qualities
- Previous experience of working on Sustainability related topics in a corporate environment
- Expert knowledge of ESG and Sustainability related topics including experience of working with a wide range of Sustainability frameworks and accreditations (e.g. B-Corp, CDP, TCFD, ISO14001, SBTi, UN SDGs etc.)
- Strong project management skills with ability to manage multiple delivery projects concurrently and manage a range of business stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral), with ability to write professional reports/ disclosure documents for both internal and public use
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word)
So, what’s in it for you?
- Is there a good work-life balance? Absolutely. We take this seriously and work with you and the client to find a workable solution for all
- Promotion is based on your own performance, and we give you every opportunity to progress by having four promotional reviews a year
- Ability to work closely with senior stakeholders both within Baringa and with the client: our Partner ratios are small
- Who decides what training you get? You do. We invest in you, to ensure you remain the best in the business
- We have had some great achievements this year; winning a top ten spot in the UK for the thirteenth successive year by the Great Place to Work Institute.
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com