Website AVAILA BANK
This listing is about AVAILA BANK in Carroll, IA
About the job
**This position is not remote and will work in the Carroll, Iowa location.**
The Loan Officer is responsible for generating, approving, and maintaining quality business and agriculture loans for the bank’s portfolio.
LOAN OFFICER PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Help the bank attract new customers and deepen relationships with existing customers through active outbound relationship building activities and focus on expanding existing customer financial solutions through participation in the bank’s customer service and sales efforts
- Manages all loan applications within an acceptable customer service and regulatory timeframe
- Analyze all credit applications utilizing sound unwriting credit analytics
- Manage the credit application process to approve, deny or recommend credit action for loan applications
- Work with customers through difficult/complicated issues that may arise
- Refer additional bank services and products solutions meeting clients and prospective clients needs
- Maintain loan quality by striving for low incidence of incomplete documentation or regulatory violation
- Handle collections on delinquent loans; monitor the quality of existing loans
- Will adhere to and remain current with bank policy, procedures, lending laws and regulations. Will maintain knowledge of products and services offered by competitors and other vendors
- Make recommendations for new loan products and services
- Maintain a high level of customer confidence
LOAN OFFICER ROLE QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- One to three years in the banking or lending environment preferred but not required
Other Skills and Abilities
- Perform consumer lending duties
- Strong math skills; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Exceptional oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions and instruct others, interpret documents, understand procedures, write reports and correspondence, speak clearly to customers and employees
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills; ability to function well in a fast-paced environment
- Working knowledge of loan policies and procedures
- Assumes a leadership role in community projects and activities
- Accepts a leadership role within the bank and participates in bank promotions and activities
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Accountability – will follow through on what he/she says they will do; holds others accountable in the workplace
- Analytical – collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs workflows and procedures as necessary.
- Problem Solving – identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; ability to deal with complex problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
- Project Management – coordinates projects; communicates changes and progress; completes projects on time and budget.
- Technical Skills – assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
- Oral Communication – speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
- Teamwork – balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; recognizes how his/her actions impact others.
- Leadership – exhibits confidence in self and others; inspires and motivates others to perform well.
- Written Communication – writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Ethics – inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support – follows policies and procedures.
- Adaptability – adapts to changes in the work environment; changes approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Attendance/Punctuality -is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability – responds to management direction; accepts responsibility for own actions; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Judgment – exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Planning/Organizing – prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; sets goals and objectives.
- Professionalism – approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; follows through on commitments.
- Quality – demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Initiative – is a self-starter; seeks out new tasks and expands abilities; works for the better needs of the business, not just his/her own position.
- Growth and Customer Focus – provides excellent customer service to everyone; supports business and revenue growth; focuses on opportunities to suggest new services to customers.
Work performed is largely within the Bank, the community or directly with customers with limited chance for personal injury.
The following physical and mental requirements must be met to perform the essential functions of this position:
- Frequently communicate with employees and other parties by phone, email and/or in person; can exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office equipment such as a calculator, copy machine, and printer.
- Frequently move inside the office to access files or office equipment.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds of office supplies and equipment.
- Some bending, turning, and twisting required.
- Required to sit for prolonged periods of time and reach with hands and arms.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Periodic stressful situations in response to multiple priorities within established deadlines.
- Work hours are generally during normal business hours. Unscheduled evening and weekend work may be needed to meet the needs of customers and employees.
- Drive to/from and work in multiple branches/locations as needed.
This position description describes the general nature and level of work performed by the employee assigned to this position and should not be interpreted as all inclusive. It does not state or imply that these are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to the position. The employee may be required to perform other job-related duties. All requirements are subject to change and to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.
This position description does not constitute an employment agreement between the Bank and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the Bank and requirements of the position change.
Company: AVAILA BANK
Job Location: Carroll, IA
Application Deadline: N/A