Website AVAILA BANK
This Job listing For Year 2022 is about AVAILA BANK in Ankeny, IA
About the job
**This position is not remote and will work in our Ankeny location.**
Universal Banker I Position Summary
The Universal Banker I is responsible for assisting with a customer’s financial transactions in an efficient and friendly manner, providing the highest level of customer service. In addition, the Universal Banker I will assist with financial counseling, including opening and servicing of consumer accounts. This job description reflects assignment of essential duties and is subject to change (at management discretion) at any time.
Universal Banker I General Duties/Key Accountabilities
- Provide exceptional customer service through quality conversations and efficient and accurate process of customer transactions
- Build relationships with customers by identifying needs and offering solutions
- Provide accurate information to customers based on product and service knowledge and understanding of the banking industry
- Sell, open and maintain banking products and services to new and existing customers
- Proficient in customer account opening, maintenance and closing accounts (including checking, savings, CDs and safe deposit boxes)
- Process check orders; follow check cashing procedures; issue cashier’s checks; process wire transfers, perform online and mobile banking maintenance; process stop payments and debit card disputes
- Cross sell bank products as part of the regular transaction process
- Handle financial transactions efficiently and effectively with all customers (including, but not limited to: deposits, withdrawals, advances, loan payments and merchant transactions)
- Maintain a balanced cash drawer
- Meet or exceed all established branch goals and contribute to branch deposit growth
- Perform ITM duties in applicable markets
- Additional duties as assigned
Universal Banker I Knowledge/Skills/Abilities
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Accounting or banking experience encouraged
- Strong math skills; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure
- Exceptional oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions, understand procedures, and speak clearly to customers and employees
- Must be able to multi-task in a busy environment
- Understands computer and other equipment capabilities and limitations
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills; ability to function well in a fast-paced environment
- Maintain a complete understanding of regulatory and compliance policies and procedures
- Must be able to work flexible hours and shifts
- Travel to/from and work in multiple locations; must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Initiative – is a self-starter; recognizes what and when things need to be done; seeks out new tasks and expands abilities; works for the better needs of the business, not just his/her own position.
- Judgment – makes well thought out and timely decisions; has good perspective and remains focused on critical issues; consistently adheres to and supports company policies/procedures; requires little to no supervision to produce high quality work.
- Accountability – Accepts responsibility for his/her own actions; can be relied upon to complete the job required; will follow through on what he/she says they will do and holds others accountable in the workplace.
- Self Aware – recognizes how his/her actions impact others; is in tune with his/her strengths and weaknesses and takes actions to improve; learns from mistakes and shows commitment to change behaviors.
- Growth and Customer Focus – Provides excellent customer service to everyone; supports business and revenue growth by sharing and supporting innovative ideas; focuses on opportunities to suggest new services to customers.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The position summary does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees assigned to this position will be required to perform any other job related duties as assigned by management. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical and Mental Requirements
To perform the essential functions of this position, an employee must meet the following physical and mental requirements:
- Frequently communicate with customers and employees in person or by phone and exchange accurate information in these situations
- Occasionally lift and/or move files up to 50 pounds
- Constantly operates a computer and other office equipment, such as a calculator, copy machine and printer
- Frequently move inside the office to access files or office equipment
- Occasionally drive to/from and work in multiple branches/locations
Company: AVAILA BANK
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Associate
Job Location: Ankeny, IA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com