Website AVAILA BANK
This Job listing For Year 2022 is about AVAILA BANK in Council Bluffs, IA
About the job
**This position will work in one of the following Availa Bank branches (applicant choice): Ames, IA, Ankeny, IA, Carroll, IA, Council Bluffs, IA, Fort Dodge, IA, or Webster City, IA.**
The System Administrator position is responsible for supporting the IT operations and infrastructure of the bank. Working with minimal supervision, this position will handle server and network administration for all branches and divisions of the bank, daily troubleshooting, and system upgrades to ensure the bank is keeping with industry and compliance standards.
SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Monitor and maintain the bank’s LAN/WAN network, including routers, switches, and firewalls
- Monitor and maintain the bank’s servers (both physical and virtual)
- Participates in the bank’s I.T. audits and examinations
- Update and install bank hardware and software
- Maintain, implement, and monitor the bank’s I.T. security systems
- Maintain the bank’s mail server
- Remains current on technology and equipment; makes hardware/software recommendations
- Participates in the development of new products and services
- Research and continually improve the I.T. structure of the bank
- Troubleshoots and repairs (or facilitates repairs) of bank electronics (i.e. fax, telephone, printers, etc.)
- Assists employees with PC hardware and software issues
- Monitors and services the bank’s backup systems
- Assist and mentor other IT staff (I.T. Specialists, Junior Administrator, etc.)
SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR ROLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Associates Degree in Information Technology or related field preferred or equivalent combination education and experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience administering network devices (Firewalls, routers & switches, wireless access points).
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with Microsoft technologies including Server 2012, 2016, & 2019, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Microsoft 365
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology
- Experience and/or certifications in CISCO ( CCNA), Microsoft (MCSA, MCSE), VMware (VCP), and CompTIA (Network+, Security+, Server+)
- Experience implementing and managing a VMware environment
- Experience with automation of tasks through scripting (PowerShell, Batch)
Other Skills and Abilities
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills; ability to function well in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions and instruct others, understand procedures, write reports and correspondence, and speak clearly to customers and employees
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to represent the bank in a professional manner when dealing with customers and potential customers
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical – collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs workflows and procedures.
- Problem Solving – identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; ability to deal with complex problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
- Project Management – coordinates projects; communicates changes and progress; completes projects on time and budget.
- Technical Skills – assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
- Oral Communication – speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
- Teamwork – balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Leadership – exhibits confidence in self and others; inspires and motivates others to perform well.
- Written Communication – writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Ethics – inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support – follows policies and procedures.
- Adaptability – adapts to changes in the work environment; changes approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Attendance/Punctuality – is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability – follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Judgment – exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Planning/Organizing – prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; sets goals and objectives.
- Professionalism – approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; follows through on commitments.
- Quality – demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Initiative – is a self-starter; seeks out new tasks and expands abilities; works for the better needs of the business, not just his/her own position.
- Growth and Customer Focus – Provides excellent customer service to everyone; supports business and revenue growth
Work is performed largely within the Bank with limited chance for personal injury.
The following physical and mental requirements must be met to perform the essential functions of this position:
- Frequently communicate with employees and other parties by phone, email and/or in person; can exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office equipment such as a calculator, copy machine, and printer.
- Frequently move inside the office to access files or office equipment.
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds of office supplies, equipment, machinery, etc.
- Frequent bending, turning, and twisting required.
- Position self to maintain computers including overhead, under desks and in a server room.
- Ascend/descend a ladder to maintain equipment/perform repairs as needed.
- Required to sit for prolonged periods of time and reach with hands and arms.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Periodic stressful situations in response to multiple priorities within established deadlines.
- Work hours are generally during normal business hours. Unscheduled evening and weekend work may be needed to meet the needs of customers and employees.
- Frequently drive to/from and work in multiple branches/locations.
This position description describes the general nature and level of work performed by the employee assigned to this position and should not be interpreted as all inclusive. It does not state or imply that these are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to the position. The employee may be required to perform other job-related duties. All requirements are subject to change and to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.
This position description does not constitute an employment agreement between the Bank and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the Bank and requirements of the position change.
Company: AVAILA BANK
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Associate
Job Location: Council Bluffs, IA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com