This listing is about AutoNation in Des Plaines, IL
About the job
The Porter-New/Used is responsible for performing a variety of duties as they relate to the sale and upkeep of vehicles and the dealership property.
What are the day-to-day responsibilities?
- Keeping vehicle lot neat and orderly, moving units as directed by the sales managers and in accordance with dealership display standards
- Transporting customers and dealership personnel, as needed
- Assisting with customer deliveries
- Ensuring all vehicles are clean and in good repair on the lot and showroom
- Ensuring all window stickers are properly placed on newly arrived vehicles for display on the sales floor or lot
- Picking up vehicles from storage and deliver vehicles to storage and other dealerships
- Assisting with weather related clean up when necessary
- Building and grounds maintenance as needed
- Other functions and special projects may be assigned
What are the requirements for this job?
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of basic automotive repair and maintenance
- Ability to handle machinery safely
- Ability to drive across surrounding states to transport vehicles
- Ability to drive manual transmission
- Valid state driver’s license
- Ability to operate an automobile
- Ability to use hand and power tools
As America’s largest and most recognized automotive retailer, AutoNation is transforming the automotive industry through its bold leadership, innovation, and comprehensive brand extensions. We are committed to hiring driven, diverse Associates and supporting them in growing their career within AutoNation. We offer paid training, competitive pay & benefits and a culture that believes in investing in our Associates’ professional futures. With over 315 locations from coast to coast, AutoNation has an opportunity for you. We’ve sold over 13 million vehicles, the first automotive retailer to reach this milestone. Our success is driven by our commitment to delivering a peerless Customer experience through customer-focused sales and service processes. We believe deeply in giving back, and every car we sell helps to raise cancer research and treatment awareness with a Pink Plate. We have proudly raised over $25 million dollars to drive out cancer, create awareness, and support critical research.
BenefitsClick here to learn more about our Benefits.
Join us as we pave the way to moving our company, our communities and our industry forward. Apply today at a location near you or wherever you dream the road will take you. AutoNation is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Location: Des Plaines, IL
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com