This listing is about AutoNation in Santa Clara, CA
About the job
At AutoNation, getting customers back on the road is what drives us. We’re looking for an Auto Technician or Auto Mechanic to join our team, and we’re interested in talking to candidates at various experience levels. As an Auto Technician, you’ll perform vehicle repairs as assigned in accordance with dealer and factory standards. Your attention to detail make you a valuable asset to the team as you ensure repairs are completed on time, and deliver top-notch work to delight our customers. In this role, you’ll interact daily with Customers, Service Advisors, other Technicians, Parts Associates, Cashiers, Sales Associates and Managers.
- Performing vehicle repair and/or maintenance work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards to drive Customer loyalty.
- Communicating with Parts Department and Service Advisors regularly to effectively manage production and Customer communication.
- Diagnosing the cause of any malfunction and perform repair, if authorized by the Customer.
- Conducting multi-point inspections to make appropriate recommendations to ensure safety and reliability of Customer vehicles.
- Documenting work performed on each vehicle on the repair order.
- Maintaining an inventory of normal Technician’s tools not normally inventoried by the Service department as “special tools.”
- Keeping abreast of factory technical bulletins and participating in factory-sponsored training classes as appropriate.
- Providing an exceptional customer experience to drive loyalty
Minimum Job Requirements
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Automotive technical training (varies based on store needs)
- General Mechanical skills, manual dexterity and able to operate power and hand tools, and other types of machinery
- Attention to detail
- Organization and follow-up skills
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Knowledge of the automotive repair life cycle
- Ability to operate an automobile, including manual transmission vehicles
- Valid in-state driver’s license, and have and maintain an acceptable, safe driving record
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those specifically presented. Career opportunities are dependent on business and staffing needs, as well as the qualifications of internal and external candidates.
As America’s largest and most recognized automotive retailer, AutoNation is transforming the automotive industry through its bold leadership, innovation, and comprehensive brand extensions. We are committed to hiring driven, diverse Associates and supporting them in growing their career within AutoNation. We offer paid training, competitive pay & benefits and a culture that believes in investing in our Associates’ professional futures. With over 315 locations from coast to coast, AutoNation has an opportunity for you. We’ve sold over 13 million vehicles, the first automotive retailer to reach this milestone. Our success is driven by our commitment to delivering a peerless Customer experience through customer-focused sales and service processes. We believe deeply in giving back, and every car we sell helps to raise cancer research and treatment awareness with a Pink Plate. We have proudly raised over $25 million dollars to drive out cancer, create awareness, and support critical research.
BenefitsClick here to learn more about our Benefits.
Join us as we pave the way to moving our company, our communities and our industry forward. Apply today at a location near you or wherever you dream the road will take you. AutoNation is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Location: Santa Clara, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com