Website AMP Research | A Truck Hero Company
This listing is about AMP Research A Truck Hero Company in Tustin, CA
About the job
The AMP Research Accounting Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operational management of the accounting/finance functions, assists with the monthly financial closing processes, maintains the integrity of the QUBE accounting system, assists with the preparation of the analysis of the monthly financial results and manages AMP’s accounts receivable and payables.
Drives accounting functions
- Supervise the Accounts Payable (A/P) function.
- Supervise the Accounts Receivable (A/R) function
- Trains A/P and A/R staff
- Ensure vendor invoices are coded correctly in the General Ledger (G/L).
- Assist A/P to resolve vendor questions or concerns.
- Manages weekly check-run process and ensure timely vendor payments and appropriate discounts.
- Manages the Cash Application function.
- Ensure all cash receipts are applied to Accounts Receivable (A/R) correctly.
- Ensure appropriate recordkeeping for cash receipts. Ensure timely cash application of all customer payments.
- Works with purchasing group to resolve vendor pricing issues
- Monitors all receiving transactions for accuracy
- Oversee and manage the Credit and Collections function.
- Works closely with sister companies’ staff to reconcile intercompany transactions.
- Manages new customer account set up.
- Review orders which exceed customer credit limit for Controller approval.
- Pull and review necessary documents for Audit purposes
- Issue RMA credit memos
- Follows-up with other departments to resolve receiving discrepancies
Assist with month-end close processes
- Ensure all journal entries/batches are posted before month-end close.
- Ensure all customer payments are applied by month-end.
- Ensure vendor invoices or employee expense reports are accrued for month-end close.
- Ensure all fixed asset additions/disposals are properly recorded in the G/L and Sage.
- Ensure down payments on raw material/inventory are received, capitalized or expensed.
- Manage inventory in transit and received not invoiced.
- Reconcile other assigned Balance Sheet accounts as assigned.
- Assist with B/S or P&L variance analysis
Accounts Receivable collection
- Monitor past due account balances and initiate collection efforts with coordination with Credit and Customer Services.
Work with Customer Services and Shipping to resolve customer payment discrepancies
Education And Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting is preferred.
- 3 – 5 years of related experience is required. Experience using financial reporting software is preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel.
- Ability to analyze, interpret, and present financial and accounting information in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to speak, write, and comprehend English.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions.
- Ability to use mathematical skills associated with financial analysis, forecasting, and accounting. College level math courses associated with accounting/finance degree is required.
- Little to no travel required.
Company: AMP Research | A Truck Hero Company
Job Location: Tustin, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org