This Job listing For Year 2022 is about Amazon in Sunnyvale, CA
About the job
As a part of the Alexa Shopping books and media team, you will be building new voice experiences that are going to redefine how people discover & shop for books! This is an area that requires solving unique engineering & science problems for building the next generation of shopping experience.
Our group is seeking talented and experienced engineers to design and develop Natural User Interface (NUI) shopping experiences and algorithms in Seattle. You’ll have the freedom (and encouragement) to experiment, improve, invent, and innovate on behalf of our customers. We are specifically looking to build a conversational search platform for voice shopping from grounds up. In this team, you will be presented with a unique combination of challenges involved with building a conversational search engine – such as large scale indexes, search refinements using Q&A, smart recommendation algorithms, search relevance & ranking problems, and machine learning.
You will have an impact on Amazon’s new devices and the way technology is used daily in your own home. You will also have the satisfaction of being able to look back and say you were a key contributor to changing the future of everyday life.
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Company – Amazon.com Services LLC
Job ID: A1898407
Vacancy Type: $128,000/yr – $175,000/yr (LinkedIn est.) · Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Application Deadline: N/A