This Job listing For Year 2022 is about Amazon in Austin, TX
About the job
Looking for a career at a company that seeks to be Earth’s most customer-centric company? Interested in disrupting the B2B landscape? Eager to contribute to a business that is growing exponentially? If so, this is the right role for you.
Amazon Business(AB) represents an incredible opportunity to address a vast new market segment and customer base. Amazon Business is one of the fastest growing business for Amazon. AB today is in available in 9 countries, serving over 5 Million customers WW and generating over $25B in annual revenue. We are focused on building solutions that enable our business customers enjoy business relevant selection (products and services), with the convenience we offer to our customers today across multiple devices, marketplaces and regions. The needs of business customers are different from those of the traditional Amazon customer, so we are reinventing everything from how we offer our selection, pricing, customer experience and offer unparalleled customer support in this multi-trillion dollar B2B online commerce industry. We have the opportunity to disrupt how businesses buy in this age.
As our business continues to grow at this rapid pace, we need automated solutions to detect and mitigate risk to our business resulting from violation of business policies and buyer purchasing behaviors which erode trust with our sellers. We are looking for a passionate and talented Software Development Manager for AB Risk management, who can lead the team of smart engineers working on innovative & mission critical software and services. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and development of products. You will be responsible for owning large-scale, multi-tiered, distributed software applications and tools.
The role requires you to be able to manage the overall software development life-cycle which includes the following responsibilities:
- Create, prioritize, communicate, manage, and execute roadmaps, project plans, and commitments.
- Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management.
- Work closely with engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach.
- Foster culture of continuous engineering improvement through mentoring, feedback, and metrics.
- Hire, coach, and mentor individuals; build a strong cross-functional organization.
- Partner with a diverse stakeholders to understand requirements, priorities, and processes.
- Propose and implement new projects or recommend system improvements.
- Have the obsession to drive a better customer experience through everything that we do here at Amazon.
- Bring innovative ideas to the table every day, in order to find better ways of accomplishing our customer objectives.
- Set clear, measurable quality goals for an organization in a data-driven way.
- 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
- Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
- 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or a related discipline.
- Solid grounding in Computer Science fundamentals, High Scale Systems Design, software services and knowledge of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
- At least 5 years experience building and developing strong technical teams.
- At least 5 years experience professionally developing software in an Object Oriented Programming (OOP) language like Java, C++, C# or Scala.
- Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, and algorithms.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing and operations.
- Post-graduate degree in computer science or related field
- Demonstrated ability to take a project or significant feature from concept to launch
- Strong business and technical vision.
- Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements, underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions.
- Deep hands-on technical expertise.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information clearly and concisely to a variety of audiences.
Company – Amazon.com Services LLC
Job ID: A1605013
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: Austin, TX
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org