This Job listing For Year 2022 is about Amazon in Austin, TX
About the job
This position can be based in Annapolis Junction, MD, Herndon, VA or Seattle, WA.
Are you committed to fundamentally transforming the way national security and defense mission agencies partner with industry to meet mission requirements? Do you possess experience managing large, complex programs? Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking a Senior Technical Program Manager (TPM) to manage multiple large-scale programs for our most sensitive regions.
Technical Program Managers handle the heavy lifting of making sure that large scale programs and projects in AWS are driven efficiently and effectively. You will be responsible for identifying the stakeholders, driving to set roadmaps and strategies for the program, driving delivery, reporting status, and holding the bar on quality. TPMs handle complex inter-team dependencies and bridge the gaps in technical management. You will need to work with many teams in different domains and will work effectively with engineers, engineering managers, product managers, dev support teams and customer service teams. If you are someone who has passion and experience for managing large scale programs, we would love to hear from you.
The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background, be detail driven and have excellent problem solving abilities. You will have an opportunity to create and drive projects and programs that will influence the national security and defense mission agency partners of AWS. It is important that you can earn trust of your peers and stakeholders through your body of work and day to day interactions.
In This Role You Will
This role requires ambition, thinking big, self-motivation, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, and startup-like environment.
- Manage multiple high profile programs and projects across multiple supporting teams to deliver outcomes under commitments to senior AWS leaders and senior customer leaders
- Analyze large data sets quickly to identify complex patterns and relationships resulting in practical solutions to real business problems
- Be willing to “get your hands dirty” in a start-up environment to act as change agent and create new applications, tools, processes as needed
- Anticipate bottlenecks, providing escalation management and making tradeoffs
- Evangelize within AWS to encourage a fast and smooth adoption of initiatives and programs.
- Earn trust through regular communication with senior management on program status and risks
- Own the metrics for project success and define, measure and report on these metrics
This position requires that the candidate selected be a U.S. citizen.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, IT, or related discipline or equivalent professional experience
- 6+ years of program management experience in a related industry with proven ability to define priorities, lead teams to reach agreement on course of action, and deliver results on enterprise wide, cross-functional technical programs
- Thorough understanding of software development life-cycle from conception to delivery
- Significant technical depth and feel right at home using the resources of AWS as a systems engineer
- Prior experience working with software development and operational teams
- Prior experience working with scaled cloud architectures
- Intermediate or better knowledge of Unix/Linux
- Exposure to IT infrastructure security, compliance: network security, application security, security protocols, cryptography.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills with a strong attention to detail
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
We are dedicated to supporting our new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Company – Amazon Dev Center U.S., Inc.
Job ID: A1898109
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: Austin, TX
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com