This Job listing For Year 2022 is about Amazon in Edwardsville, IL
About the job
About OpsTech IT
Operations is at the heart of Amazon’s business. We are known for our speed, accuracy, and exceptional service. Our buildings deliver tens of thousands of products to hundreds of countries worldwide, every day. OpsTech IT provides nonstop global IT support to Amazon Operations as a vital piece to the puzzle. We are looking for self-motivated individuals to take on new challenges and motivate teams in fostering solutions to the hurdles we face. Together, we take ownership for what we do — whether supporting IT infrastructure, developing new technology in-house, launching a new Amazon Operations facility, or delighting our customers by delivering packages directly to them.
About The Role
As an IT Support Engineer I, you will use your knowledge and specialized skills to implement technical solutions and provide high quality support for computer hardware, operating systems, or enterprise application software. You are able to determine when it is appropriate to deviate from a standard practice to accomplish the desired result. You can troubleshoot and solve straightforward problems that do not have defined SOPs.
What Do We Offer?
Amazon offers competitive compensation packages including comprehensive healthcare benefits starting on Day 1, matching 401(k) program, and up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave. But wait there’s more: we don’t wear suits and ties! Come as you are because jeans, t-shirts, sneakers and sometimes a neon safety vest will be your daily outfit.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Network engineering and troubleshooting, data cabling and systems administration in a variety of software and hardware environments.
- Ensuring infrastructure networking and computing systems remain available during production hours.
- Interacting with management and staff to provide analytical and technical assistance for continuous improvement of IT solutions.
- Managing local technical projects.
- Maintaining or creating policies, procedures, and processes.
- Identifying root-causes of operational issues and process inefficiencies.
- Moving up to 49lbs as well as standing and walking during shifts lasting up to 12 hours.
- Traveling up to 25% of the time.
- 1+ years of experience supporting Windows, Mac and/or Linux Operating systems in a corporate setting
- High school or equivalent diploma
- CompTIA A+, CompTIA, Network +, Cisco/CCNA, Linux (Redhat), Microsoft hardware (installation) or other IT industry standard certifications
- Experience troubleshooting integrated and interdependent computer systems
- Experience maintaining zebra thermal printers, troubleshooting thin clients, PCs, scanners, and portable handheld terminals
- Ability to prioritize work based on department and production objectives
- Service Management, Project Management, and Inventory Management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work, prioritize and make decisions independently in a fast-paced production environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Company – Amazon.com Services LLC
Job ID: A1861843
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: Edwardsville, IL
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com