This listing is about Amazon in Westborough, MA
About the job
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even image yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
As an Amazon Robotics mechanical engineer, you will develop innovative system architectures and module designs for our robot drive solutions. The ideal candidate has experience designing and analyzing mechanical systems, enjoys analytical problem solving and possesses practical knowledge of medium volume manufacturing methods using stamping, extrusion, casting, and injection molding. This position reports directly to the Mechanical Engineering Manager.
The Mechanical Engineer Will Be Responsible For
- Working with an interdisciplinary team to execute product designs from concept to production including specification, design, prototyping, validation and testing
- Working with the Operations, Manufacturing, Supply Chain and Quality organizations as well as vendors to ensure a smooth product launch
- Writing functional specifications, design verification plans, and functional test procedures
- Exhibit role model behaviors of thorough engineering analysis and cradle to grave ownership
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
- 2+ years of experience working in mechanical engineering or related field
- SolidWorks or similar CAD experience with best practices for part design, advanced assemblies, complex configuration management
- Hands on experience crafting simple proof-of-concept models
- Experience designing electro-mechanical assemblies including packaging of printed circuit card assemblies.
- Thorough understanding and use of principals, theories and concepts in mechanical engineering
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work well with cross-functional teams
- Ability to effectively communicate concepts and write technical documents
- Desire and energy to work in a fast-paced agile environment
- Ability to resolve complex issues in creative, efficient, and effective ways
- Ability to support domestic and international travel as required by the program
- Ability to work with 3rd party suppliers for design collaboration
- Problem solver, “can do”, ”get any task done” attitude.
- Experience in the design of complex mechanical products and equipment
- Proficiency documenting designs in accordance with ANSI Y-14.5
- Experience designing and debugging tooled (cast, injection mold, forge, stamp, etc) components
- Proficiency with Product Lifecycle Management PLM software and ECO’s
- MS in Mechanical Engineering
- Proficiency with SolidWorks Simulation or Ansys –Finite Element Analysis tools
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Company – Amazon.com Services LLC
Job ID: A1938564
Job Location: Westborough, MA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org