This Job listing For Year 2022 is about Amazon in Nashville, TN
About the job
Amazon’s ROC (Relay Operations Center) Team is seeking a highly skilled and motivated Transportation Specialist to assist in the resolution of stakeholder issues of daily freight movements flowing into and out of our North American fulfillment centers and our associated fulfillment network. This is an exciting opportunity to join a new team in a huge growth area for Amazon.
An ideal candidate has a background in transportation and excellent data driven problem resolution skills. He/she has the ability to pull and analyze data with ease, drive process improvements, standardize our processes and eliminate the root cause of defects within the current systems. This job will require exceptional communication skills while having the ability to work independently in a high pressure environment.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To
- Continual, tactical communication with external customers (Carriers, Vendors/Suppliers) and internal customers (Retail, Finance, Software Support, Fulfillment Centers)
- Ability to pull data from numerous databases (using Excel, Access, SQL and/or other data management systems) and to perform ad hoc reporting and analysis as needed
- Publish performance metrics to assist with driving business results
- Identify and eliminate root causes of defects in order to drive efficiency in Amazon’s transportation operations
- Must be able to quickly understand the business impact of the trends and make decisions that make sense based on available data
- Must be able to systematically escalate problems or variance in the information and data to the relevant owners and teams and follow through on the resolutions to ensure they are delivered
- Work within various time constraints to meet critical business needs, while measuring and identifying activities performed
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written as you will be required to create a narrative outlining your weekly findings and the variances to goals, and present these finding in a review forum
- High school or equivalent diploma
- Entry level knowledge of MS Excel based tools; familiarity with Excel spreadsheets and ability to navigate and interpret data
- 2+ years work experience in logistics/transportation industry
- Must be flexible to work all shifts day or night and some weekend shifts as needed, as this team provides tactical support to Amazon’s fulfillment network 24 hours/day 7 days/week; *Note- this position may require working weekends long term
- A completed Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or 2+ years Amazon work experience
- Degree in Engineering, Operations, Logistics or related field
- Expertise in MS Access and SQL
- Proficiency in Lean and Six Sigma
- Experience in manufacturing, transportation, customer service, and/or distribution environments
- Data management & data quality control experience with experience pulling and analyzing large sets of data
- Demonstrated experience using data to drive root cause elimination and process improvement.
- A self-starter who loves data and who enjoys spotting the trends in it!
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Company – Amazon.com Services LLC
Job ID: A1549163
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Nashville, TN
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com