This Job listing For Year 2022 is about Amazon in Cupertino, CA
About the job
Amazon is working on several initiatives in physical retail including Amazon Go, Amazon Books, Amazon Fresh and Whole Foods Market. This role will work to develop infrastructure systems and products that will power these initiatives.
Our checkout-free shopping experience is made possible by our Just Walk Out Technology, which automatically detects when products are taken from or returned to the shelves and keeps track of them in a virtual cart. When you’re done shopping, you can just leave the store. Shortly after, we’ll charge your Amazon account and send you a receipt. Check it out at amazon.com/go. Designed and custom-built by Amazonians, our Just Walk Out Technology uses a variety of technologies including vision, sensor fusion, and advanced machine learning. Innovation is part of our DNA! Our goal is to be Earths’ most customer centric company and we are just getting started. We need people who want to join an ambitious program that continues to push the state of the art in vision, machine learning, distributed systems and hardware.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will help solve a variety of technical challenges and mentor other engineers. Given that this is an early-stage initiative, you will play an active role in translating business and functional requirements into concrete deliverables and build quick prototypes or proofs of concept in partnership with other technology leaders within the team. You will help invent new features, develop and deploy highly and reliable distributed services. You will work with a variety of core and technologies including network, Java, Linux, and AWS technologies.
You will tackle challenging, novel situations every day and given the size of this initiative, you’ll have the opportunity to work with multiple technical teams at Amazon in different locations. You should be comfortable with a degree of ambiguity that’s higher than most projects and relish the idea of solving problems that, frankly, haven’t been solved at scale before – anywhere. Along the way, we guarantee that you’ll learn a ton, have fun and make a positive impact on millions of people.
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- Familiarity with one or more of: Python, Ruby; Perl, PHP.
- 3+ years of experience as a key member of an engineering team participating in the complete product development lifecycle of successfully launched applications.
- Experiences working with AWS services
- Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and project planning/execution skills including estimating and scheduling.
- Experience optimizing for short term execution while planning for long term technical capabilities.
- Ability and willingness to multi-task and learn new technologies quickly.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Company – Amazon.com Services LLC
Job ID: A1898240
Vacancy Type: $128,000/yr – $175,000/yr (LinkedIn est.) · Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: Cupertino, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com