This Job listing For Year 2022 is about Amazon in Seattle, WA
About the job
Do you want to be part of a team that designs and implements critical payment related services for Amazon with air-tight security and five-nine availability that serve millions of requests per minute? Do you want to be part of a fun group that explores cutting-edge technology, with a culture of learning from each other and developing each other? Do you want to be part of an organization that will be at the center of projects that will shape the future of the payments industry? If you answer yes to any of the questions above, this position is for you! Your work will be visible among the company’s senior executives.
We seek an experienced software development manager with a background in developing, delivering, and supporting software services that provide simple solutions for a broad set of problems. You have a strong technical ability, great communication skills, and know-how to inspire your team to achieve outstanding results in a fast-paced environment. You have a track record of building and leading strong teams of talented engineers, and you enjoy working with smart people. You will own your services and be able to make tough product decisions that balance competing priorities.
Key job responsibilities
- Act as an entrepreneur, taking ownership of your services and maximizing the value you provide to your customers.
- Manage multiple concurrent projects. Estimate, plan, and slice projects to deliver frequent value to production.
- Manage day-to-day activities of engineering team using Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Hire, mentor, and grow the engineering team.
- Work with engineers to architect and develop simple solutions to complex problems.
- Lead your team to operational excellence of your services.
- Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management.
- 7+ years of experience working directly within engineering teams
- Experience partnering with product OR program management teams
- 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
- 3+ years of experience architecting and designing (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related degree – Experience building scalable infrastructure software – Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases – Experience with micro service architectures – Strong object-oriented design and coding skills (C/C++ and/or Java preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Company – Amazon.com Services LLC
Job ID: A1897425
Vacancy Type: $145,000/yr – $160,000/yr (LinkedIn est.) · Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: Seattle, WA
Application Deadline: N/A