This Job listing For Year 2022 is about Amazon in New York, NY
About the job
This role is open to NY, Chicago, Boston, DC, and Los Angeles.
Amazon Advertising exists at the intersection of marketing and ecommerce and offers advertisers a rich array of innovative advertising solutions across Amazon owned properties as well as third party properties Amazon operates. We believe that advertising, when done well, can greatly enhance the value of the customer experience and generate a positive return on investment for our advertising partners.
The Analytics and Media Management (AMM) team works with sales, client success, product, retail and other Amazon business partners to analyze and improve an advertiser’s performance on Amazon, in support of their marketing initiatives. AMMs work with Amazon’s unique data and translate it into high-quality, actionable insights to improve the effectiveness of advertiser campaigns and unlock business opportunities. Day to day, AMM activities include analyzing metrics of success for a business or category, developing reports for senior client leadership, developing and testing custom analytical solutions, and preparing client presentations to communicate recommendations in a clear and compelling fashion. The strategic and consultative digital expertise of AMMs is considered critical to delivering the best return on investment for our customers.
Amazon Advertising is currently looking for a highly skilled and motivated Sr. Manager on the Analytics and Media Management US team to help scale our growing advertising business. In this position you will be responsible for managing and motivating a high-performance team of AMMs who serve as analytical partners for advertisers. You will help and guide your team to serve ours customers via bespoke analysis for strategic advertisers and to develop scaled insights for all Amazon advertisers. You will set the direction and priorities for your team and help to develop your team professionally via direct coaching. You will exhibit deep analytical ability and you will develop great expertise in Amazon’s proprietary metrics, working to constantly evolve how we analyze and communicate data to our advertisers. You and your team will tie all facets of a client’s business together to provide clear direction and guidance to senior level marketing leaders, using experimentation, analytics learning agendas, and frequent in-person client sessions to regularly iterate on and articulate a brand’s story. You will also help lead innovation efforts to elevate the product and services that are delivered to our customers and focus on operational excellence of the growing AMM team.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 10+ years’ experience in client-facing data analysis roles
- At least 5+ years of people management experience
- Passion for leading others and demonstrated ability to help others learn and develop
- Ability to lead teams who translate technical aspects of analysis and metrics into actionable insights for the advertiser
- Excellent data driven storytelling skills – you create and deliver compelling presentations with outstanding visuals and lead and coach others to do this
- Understanding of statistics including distributions, expectations, hypothesis testing, etc.
- Fluency with advanced analytical and visualization tools (Python, R, SAS, etc., and Tableau, QlikView, Power BI, etc.)
- Thorough understanding of marketers’ challenges through relevant job experience
- MBA, Master’s or Doctoral degree in Economics, Marketing, Statistics, Advertising or Business
- Experience in performance advertising in a role where you managed significant complexity and scaling challenges
- Experience in predictive analytics, experimental design, A/B testing
- Fluency with SQL – ability to write basic queries from scratch and modify complex queries
- Experience and familiarity with AWS stack
- Publication track record/writing experience (ex. published a paper in a technical journal or trade publication)
- Expert knowledge of at least two verticals
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Company – Amazon Advertising LLC
Job ID: A1534826
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: New York, NY
Application Deadline: N/A