This Job listing For Year 2022 is about Amazon in Seattle, WA
About the job
At Amazon, we believe that Every Day is still Day One! We’re working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright and driven people.
Amazon’s Reliability, Maintenance, and Engineering organization (RME) is hiring for base-building maintenance (BBM) program managers to execute our installation and operational qualification (IOQ) program for BBM equipment. The BBM IOQ Program Manager supports the construction, equipment installation, and launch of new Amazon facilities. This is a “hand’s – on” role that will qualify, audit, test, and asset tag equipment to ensure that it meets Amazon installation standards. Team work is an absolute must for us to accomplish our goals. You must be able to work within a team while both depending on and driving others to accomplish the end goal for our customers. Field-based IOQ program managers will work with internal groups as well as external suppliers and consultants including utilities, manufacturers, vendors, and contractors. You will work with stakeholders from multiple teams, align priorities and ensure the delivery of key milestones. You must be able to thrive and succeed in a very busy environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. You will clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional and remote teams.
The successful candidate will possess a construction, technical, or facilities background, coupled with an understanding of project management. This person will be able to undertake the challenges of sophisticated equipment platforms and a demonstrated ability to think broadly and strategically in aligning building equipment with the larger objectives of the business.
- Perform installation and operation quality inspections and commissioning for base building assets and equipment; drive continuous improvement
- Perform asset tagging and uploading of data into CMMS platform
- Troubleshoot equipment and mitigate conditions affecting project cost or schedule, and provide progress reports for significant milestones
- Support construction and launch execution; must be highly self-motivated and customer-centric
- Ensure equipment/parts inventory are procured, received, verified and tracked in CMMS; identify opportunities to improve costs and efficiencies
- Review site drawings and identify unique requirements for manpower, equipment, or supplies
- Develop facility launch plans and provide guidance and direction for the successful implementation of those plans.
- Capture lessons-learned and develop/execute action plans to improve quality or efficiency of IOQ and launch processes.
- Partner with other program managers to secure resources, scope efforts, set project priorities and milestones and drive delivery.
- Travel up to 75%
- Bachelor’s degree in construction or a technical discipline (Industrial, Electrical, Mechanical, Civil) or 2+ years Amazon experience
- 3+ years’ experience in the distribution or manufacturing field with equivalent experience in a construction, mechanical, or electrical field.
- 2+ years of experience in project management and implementation with a proven ability to design workable solutions and drive successful projects results.
- Experience within the areas of Greenfield infrastructure building and construction
- Six Sigma/Project Management certification (PMP or equivalent)
- Proven communication skills, including the proven ability to effectively manage, influence, negotiate, and communicate with external business partners and internal teams to meet organizational capacity needs
- Ability to adapt well to fast-paced environments with changing circumstances, direction, and strategy
- Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills and ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases
- High attention-to-detail including proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $108,700 – 149,500/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
Company – Amazon.com Services LLC
Job ID: A1531664
Vacancy Type: $110,000/yr – $160,000/yr (LinkedIn est.) · Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: Seattle, WA
Application Deadline: N/A