This Job listing For Year 2022 is about Amazon in Austin, TX
About the job
Help us bring Amazon’s awesome customer experience to the financial industry! Lead the development of new systems for high impact product launches.
Amazon Lending is passionate about helping third party sellers on Amazon grow their business. Since inception, we have provided fast, easy, access to capital for small and medium sized businesses. We operate at scale and have lent billions of dollars world-wide. We are dedicated to supporting Amazon Sellers by focusing on meeting their credit needs while also seeking to understand how these capabilities can be extended to other B2B focused businesses within Amazon, such as AWS, Advertising, Last Mile, and Global Shipping.
Key job responsibilities
As a Software Development Engineer on Amazon Lending, you will work closely with a talented team of engineers, product managers, and UX designers to build innovative new financial products. You will develop scalable solutions to handle rapidly increasing workloads across multiple lines of business. You will simplify the complexities of partner and product configuration, loan application submission and loan servicing through rigorous analysis and system design, and a keen focus on the needs of the customer.
A day in the life
We are a fast-paced development team, using agile methodologies and SOA design patterns. We encourage innovation and expect engineers to take a high level of ownership throughout the software life cycle. We minimize the bureaucracy and focus on giving developers time to develop. Alongside building new products and services, we are constantly looking to enhance our existing systems by improving performance and refactoring for reuse. There are numerous opportunities to design scalable architectures.
About The Team
We offer a fun, inclusive, environment to work in with a strong team identity and culture, and a clear mission to help small businesses grow and thrive. Get in touch to learn more, we would love to hear from you!
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- MS in Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
- Five years of progressively responsible work experience
- Experience in building large scale distributed systems
- Experience in scaling and performance tuning of large systems
- Experience with AWS and other cloud technologies
- Understanding of relational and non-relational data modeling
- Experience developing software in a Unix/Linux environment
- Experience with devops and continuous deployment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Company – Amazon.com Services LLC
Job ID: A1898595
Vacancy Type: $112,000/yr – $155,000/yr (LinkedIn est.) · Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: Austin, TX
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org