This Job listing For Year 2022 is about Amazon in Arlington, VA
About the job
The Devices and Services (“Devices”) org has an open Workplace Strategist position who will manage Devices space east of the Mississippi, with primary locations being Toronto, Boston, HQ2/Arlington and New York. Up to 25% travel will be required. Role can be located in Boston or Arlington, VA.
As a Devices Workplace Strategist, you will work with Devices Leaders, their teams and the Space Administrators to manage strategic and tactical space planning initiatives, conceive, design and develop innovative tools, grow the capabilities of our current systems to meet demand, drive continuous improvement of processes, and provide ongoing support of Devices space. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open and collaborative peer environment. This role is intended to increase the emphasis on the customer experience by identifying and planning for the business, individual teams and employee needs in advance of growth while streamlining efforts and tools to reduce overall cost. The candidate for this position must be an excellent communicator, with an ability to guide stakeholders in defining scope and effectively using resources.
- Minimum two years in a Space Planning or Workplace Strategy role with experience in
- Supply/Demand Analysis, Occupancy Planning, Space Planning, and requirements for Build Outs
- Managing key relationships with stakeholders and business unit leads to assure workplace operations meets business requirements
- Cross-functional collaboration (Finance, HR, Corporate Real Estate, Design & Build, Security, and EHS)
- Serve as a liaison between Devices and Global Real Estate and Facilities (“GREF”) teams.
- Partner with Devices and the GREF teams to define business requirements, participating in company-wide projects and initiatives as appropriate.
- Create visibility about key initiatives taking place in Devices and the GREF teams. Participate in the weekly GREF planning meeting, advocating for Devices and driving best practice sharing.
- Coordinate with the Devices Finance partners to analyze headcount data and forecast demand. Manage the recurring communication of this information to provide accurate and timely updates to the GREF team for strategic planning of the overall number of seats needed.
- Troubleshoot and problem solve headcount discrepancies.
- Establish, enhance, track, and report on metrics to allow performance improvements so that the desired outcomes are achieved to plan and in a timely manner.
- Understand current Amazon internal systems capabilities and limitations, including Facilities Management (FM) Systems, Quicksight, Brady, HR Data Mart, inside.amazon.com, PeopleSoft and Trouble Ticketing.
- Solve problems and explore solutions to current processes and systems, and coordinate cross functionally to implement.
- Create and maintain accurate floor maps using internal and external design systems such as Bluebeam Revu.
- Develop business cases that receive the required approval, financial and technical resources, and the support of appropriate management to enact desired changes.
- Proactively monitor and update Trouble Tickets ensuring updates are communicated to the Strategy & Workplace Manager when necessary
- Negotiate best capacity stack plans for Devices, and their Finance and Human Resources partners by managing trade-offs between employee experience and cost effectiveness.
- Possess strong judgment and provide the appropriate communication, which should be clear, concise, and thoughtful.
- Create visibility around process gaps and communicate improvement recommendations to the Strategy & Workplace Manger. Participate in planning meetings.
- Educate and train the Devices Space Administrators on space related tools and processes. Identify and fill training gaps that require learning support.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within and between various project stakeholders.
- Thoroughly understand, and educate accordingly, Amazon’s philosophy on space.
- Serve as liaison between Devices and the Security team.
- Thrive in an ambiguous environment by being highly hardworking and resourceful.
- Look to the Strategy & Workplace Manager for guidance and direction as needed.
- Experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvements
- 5+ years of experience delivering cross functional projects
- 5+ years of experience in program or project management
- 5+ years of experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
- Proven track record of complex and creative problem solving and the desire to create and build new processes.
- 3+ years of Real Estate, Facilities and/or Space Planning experience.
- Technical aptitude and familiarity with the design and utilization of complex systems.
- Understanding of the Global Real Estate and Facilities, Business Partner, and Space Administrator roles, including how those roles differ between teams.
- Intermediate, or better, knowledge of Excel.
- Impartial, thoughtful leader with company-wide focus and perspective. A team player that is not proprietary.
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment by driving your own awareness and being hardworking, responsive and resourceful.
- Excellent listening, speaking, verbal and written communication skills.
- Intense dedication to meeting the expectations and requirements of customers. Talks and acts with the customer in mind. Establishes and maintains strong relationships with customers. Gains their trust and respect. Knows who their customers are.
- Bias for data driven decisions.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Company – Amazon.com Services LLC
Job ID: A1532992
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: Arlington, VA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org