This Job listing For Year 2022 is about Amazon in Bellevue, WA
About the job
Amazon created one of the most sophisticated supply chains in the world. From the introduction of Amazon Prime, to the use of advanced technology for package delivery; Amazon consistently drives change from the front of the pack.
Amazon is seeking a Senior Operations Engineer to support the Amazon Logistics North America (AMZL NA) Operations Engineering team. This individual will be responsible for designing, managing and executing the next generation of delivery station processes, equipment, and operations.
The Operations Engineer for Amazon will work with other engineers in the design, development, and delivery of systems around the globe. This individual will lead initiatives and complex cross-functional projects or programs in ambiguous and complex problem spaces. The Senior Operations Engineer will integrate systems for safety, security, stability, and efficiency. This person will participate in the full system development life cycle, working within broadly defined parameters. Amazon’s culture encourages innovation and expects engineers to take ownership in solving complex problems.
Key job responsibilities
- Simultaneously manage multiple projects and tasks while effectively influencing, negotiating, and communicating with internal and external business partners, contractors, and vendors to generate high-quality, cost-effective solutions in support of business objectives
- Define projects, set objectives, analyze data, drive improvements to metrics, and influence resource allocation
- Responsible to deep dive technical solutions that encompass advanced technology applications, conveyor hardware selection, material handling integration, and vendor commissioning content and expectations
- Lead and coordinate design and execution efforts between internal teams and outside vendors
- Lead and actively participate in design reviews and communicate future impacts of proposed solutions on an individual system or its components, on the overall systems architecture, and on facility processes
- Conduct post mortem on designs after implementation in partnering with Safety, Maintenance, and Operations
- Develop and manage budget and contract documents including RFPs, change order controls, and purchase orders
- Build relationships with partner organizations within the company
- Review Material Handling Equipment, building and electrical schematics and layouts
- Identify and lead process improvement initiatives in support of operations teams within a geographic node
- Develop cross-functional knowledge of Operations and Engineering team systems, processes, procedures, and tools
- 40% Travel required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain, Logistics, or related field
- 5+ years of experience as a project engineer, process engineer, project manager, manufacturing engineer, or related occupation
- 5+ years’ experience directly managing and responsible for multiple large projects
- Experience in Logistics, Distribution or Fulfillment processes
- Experience with Microsoft Office products: Excel, Project and Outlook
- Experience with CAD software (AutoCAD, REVIT, BIM 360, etc.)
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Mechanical, Operations, Supply Chain, Business Administration, or a related STEM field
- Operations Management/Distribution Center experience
- Certified OE Black Belt, Green Belt or Lean Sensei, Lean manufacturing efforts, transportation/logistics and/or fulfillment/distribution centers
- Proven technical leadership for large-scale industrial engineering projects or programs.
- Experience with complex automated material handling equipment, packaging technologies, and systems and high-speed manufacturing
- Experience with simulation and 3D modeling software
- Demonstrated ability to build working relationships with business partners and key stakeholders and the ability to work in a cross functional organization
- Written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated success in hands-on process development and improvement
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Company – Amazon.com Services LLC
Job ID: A1898347
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: Bellevue, WA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org