This Job listing For Year 2022 is about Amazon in Seattle, WA
About the job
E-commerce Foundation builds platform solutions which are at the core of Amazon’s consumer and digital businesses. We partner with Amazon Web Services (AWS) to leverage technologies built for cloud customers, and to offer technologies invented for consumer and digital businesses to the broader market through AWS.
We are looking for an Engineer to work on foundational database technologies that are going to redefine how data is stored and retrieved in large-scale distributed databases.
Familiarity with and a passion for databases, schema, query, transactions, and native programming (Java, C, C++) are ideal for this role.
Every day we are working hard, having fun and making history – and we’d love you to come work with us.
Key job responsibilities
Transactional Data Movement is a service that enables Amazon Consumer, Digital, and Other businesses to replicate, synchronize and move its data from any storage solution in any region to another primarily for the purposes of becoming storage agnostic, optimizing latency, improve infrastructure cost and region flexibility to power the next generation data-driven services. Amazon CDO’s infrastructure landscapes are continuously changing, and services need data from a range of storage solutions. This requires efficient and secure data movement solutions to shift data across services without impacting the performance.
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- 1+ years of experience in software development
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 2+ years of experience in software development.
- Expertise in data structures, algorithms, and complexity analysis. The ability to produce bullet-proof code that is fault-tolerant, efficient and maintainable.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with cross-functional business and software development teams.
- Ability to effectively communicate with colleagues at various levels of the organization.
- Self-directed nature, entrepreneurship spirit and flexibility to wear many hats.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Company – Amazon.com Services LLC
Job ID: A1898548
Vacancy Type: $110,000/yr – $154,000/yr (LinkedIn est.) · Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: Seattle, WA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org