This Job listing For Year 2022 is about Amazon in Seattle, WA
About the job
The Amazon Compensation Technology (ACT) team is in a unique position in that its systems impact every single Amazon employee. Our customers are our peers and co-workers, so there is an extra level of responsibility that comes with the job.
In Addition, Engineers On This Team Have The Opportunities To
Engineers on this team are empowered to make decisions that define how Amazon operates in some of the most critical points of an employee’s career.
- use native AWS technologies to build and support one of the most complex compensation systems on the planet
- influence technology decisions that will have a direct impact on all employees
A day in the life
The day-to-day activities of a Software Development Engineer in ACT will include:
- Designing, implementing, and testing software solutions using native AWS technologies
- Collaborating with product managers and customers to manage requirements for new features and updates to existing systems
- Partnering with the Compensation and Benefits team to translate complex business logic into reusable and scalable code
- Periodically providing on-call support for ACT systems
- Coaching and mentoring junior engineers on the team
- Working with some of the most talented and dedicated team members you can find
- Having fun
About The Hiring Group
ACT enables Amazon to realize the goal of compensation: attracting, motivating and retaining talent. We do this by providing the products and services necessary for calculating and managing every compensation change activity in the lifecycle of all global Amazon employees. We give all users a clear and consistent understanding of how compensation was calculated, how and when it can be adjusted, and the impacts of compensation adjustments. We provide the reporting, data, and insights that enables continuous evolution of compensation programs and policies.
We are looking for a strong Software Development Engineer who can take the lead in identifying and solving ambiguous problems. You will own and heavily influence the architecture and design, and will write a significant portion of the “critical-path” code. You will influence the team’s technical and business strategy by making insightful contributions to team priorities and approach.
Successful candidates will be strong leaders who can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of delivering large scale solutions. You will contribute to all aspects of an agile software development lifecycle including design, architecture, development, documentation, testing and operations. You will push your design and architecture by owning all aspects of solutions end-to-end, through full stack software development.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Master degree in Computer Science or related field, or a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field with additional professional experience
- Software development experience in JSP, Spring, AWS, S3, SQS, building web services and highly scalable applications
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems
- Experience in communicating with customers, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy.
- Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between.
- Experience working with Agile engineering practices
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Company – Amazon.com Services LLC
Job ID: A1537245
Vacancy Type: $110,000/yr – $154,000/yr (LinkedIn est.) · Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: Seattle, WA
Application Deadline: N/A