Website ALLO Communications
This Job listing For Year 2022 is about ALLO Communications in Lake Havasu City, AZ
About the job
At ALLO, we believe people are our biggest asset. Our team brings the ALLO mission to life because as local members of each community, we live, work, play, and volunteer right here with you. We’re passionate about being involved and contributing to the success and progress of each of our fiberhoods.
We pursue these passions because ALLO leaders have created a workplace where folks are valued, ideas are heard, and work-life balance is an everyday practice.
This position is primarily a working field Supervisor for Joint Trench Construction. The Outside Plant (OSP) Joint Trench Supervisor will oversee the entire wing of Joint Trench Construction with a Team Lead reporting directly to the Supervisor. The OSP Joint Trench Supervisor will serve as a direct report to the OSP Senior Supervisor or OSP Manager in the market which they are assigned for the purposes of monitoring and developing all Joint Trench personnel and processes. The OSP Joint Trench Supervisor will assist the Manager with administrative tasks, personnel issues, production agendas and efficiency initiatives. While assigned to a home market some travel up to 50% may be required as needed at the discretion of the OSP Manager.
- Provide daily oversight of Joint Trench teams in the field.
- Assure that production always outpaces deadlines, adjusting staffing and schedules in the field as needed to fit priorities.
- Procure tools and job-related items as needed.
- Monitor associates’ daily team assignments and track overall clock-in/clock-out accuracy.
- Deliver coaching and/or corrective action to associates as needed, escalating issues to Manager when appropriate.
- Assure that every OSP Joint trench associate completes all periodic Nelnet and/or ALLO training modules in a timely fashion.
- Report staffing and construction quality trends to Manager.
- Coordinate with Warehouse personnel and Fiber Analyst team to assure accurate inventory and efficient scheduling of Joint Trench workflow.
- Other duties as assigned by the OSP Manager
- Previous FTTP or OSP Team Lead experience is mandatory.
- Supervisor is expected to have a full working knowledge of Joint Trench Construction within 60 days of promotion.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE / ABILITIES:
- Training will be provided for the right candidate—attitude, culture and leadership abilities are key to this position.
- Must be a team player and problem solver who can facilitate teamwork between different wings of construction and maintain high morale while exceeding production goals.
- Must be an excellent problem solver and have the ability to prioritize objectives.
- Must work well with other Supervisors and Managers and be able to communicate effectively with stakeholders on all levels.
- Must be able to work outside in all seasons and operate all related Joint Trench and/or warehouse-related equipment.
- Knowledge of ALLO installation-construction procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and other employees.
- Ability to work under pressure to successfully complete assigned tasks.
- Ability to work with and understand fiber splicing designs.
- Ability to operate company vehicles and maintain a driver’s license, and commercial license if applicable, in good standing.
- Knowledge of underground utility construction and your assigned geographic region.
- Basic knowledge of Excel, Microsoft Word and GIS.
- Effectively communicate with internal and external customers, contractors, and company employees.
- Ability to walk up to 5 miles a day in all weather conditions.
- Ability to lift to 50 pounds and to bend/stoop/kneel/crawl
- Flexibility and temperament to adapt to sudden challenges and changing work conditions
- Willingness to change schedule at short notice to respond to emergency calls.
- Availability for weekend on-call duty, as required
- Ability to pass pre-employment background check and drug screen
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Able to read manuals, operate test equipment and power tools.
- Able to distinguish colors and markings used to identify different types of materials and to evaluate the quality of completed trench construction.
- Able to hear on a telephone or two-way radio or communicate with customers or other employees.
- Able to converse on the telephone or a two-way radio.
- Able to climb and maintain balance on uneven ground, in and out of trenches as necessary, and in different environments.
- Dexterity to use hand tools and small power tools, and to complete necessary forms in a legible manner.
Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, HSA and FSA, generous earned time off, 401K/student loan repayment, life insurance & AD&D insurance, employee assistance program, tuition reimbursement, performance-based incentive pay, short- and long-term disability, and a robust wellness program.
ALLO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing opportunities to all applicants and associates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. ALLO believes that diversity and inclusion within our team is critical to our success as a company. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people.
Qualified individuals with disabilities who require reasonable accommodations in order to apply may contact Recruiting at [email protected]
Company: ALLO Communications
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Lake Havasu City, AZ
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org