Website Sony Music Entertainment
This Job listing is about Sony Music Entertainment in Brooklyn, NY 2022 exclusively on q4jobs.com
The Administrative Assistant position is a unique role where the individual will have responsibilities in the A&R Administration and Business & Legal Affairs departments. This role requires a well-organized and pro-active individual. The Assistant will help to ensure the efficient day-to-day operations of both departments by successfully accomplishing the following responsibilities:
What you’ll do:
- Provide general administrative support to the Business & Legal Affairs and A&R Administration Departments. This includes, but is not limited to, sending out drafts and execution copies of recording agreements, assisting in travel arrangements, and preparing travel and expense reports.
- Assist the A&R Administration team in the day-to-day administration of recording projects such as set-up of royalty accounts, preparation of SAG-AFTRA/AFM union session reports and assist with maintaining project summaries for third party royalty obligations.
- Prepare producer declarations, video production and remix agreements.
- Responsible for the vendor creation requests and vendor call verification.
- Issue purchase orders to vendors, obtain necessary approvals for invoices and costs, and process invoices.
- Work closely with various internal departments – Accounts Payable; Video Department; and Royalty Department.
Who you are:
- Strong proficiency in software applications: Microsoft Office (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook).
- Detail oriented, organized, and accurate.
- Bachelor’s Degree is strongly preferred.
- A basic understanding of financial and accounting principles is desired.
- A proactive, flexible, self-starter who has strong problem solving, social, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication, organization and time management skills are required. The ability to manage time and priorities, set and achieve goals and juggle multiple projects/deadlines simultaneously is critical.
- This candidate must have a professional, confident, and calm demeanor and must be able to create and maintain very strong relationships.
- The use of discretion and the maintenance of confidentiality are also required
What we give you:
- You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
- A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
- Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines the flexibility of remote working with the benefits of in-person collaboration whenever we need to come together to do our best work. Managers will partner with their teams and employees to establish work arrangements that meet the business, team, and individual needs.
- An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K + employer matching
- Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
- We invest in your professional growth & development
- Time off for a winter recess
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
The anticipated annual base salary does not include any other compensation components or other benefits that an individual may be eligible for. The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include as applicable, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job.
New York Pay Range
$42,000 — $42,000 USD