Website Active Minerals International
This listing is about Active Minerals International in Gordon, GA
About the job
Accountant Job Summary:
Active Minerals International (AMI) is a worldwide leader in specialty industrial minerals. The company specializes in the production and marketing of high purity kaolin and gel quality attapulgite clay minerals for fiberglass, concrete, plaster, paints, rubber and agriculture industries. AMI is seeking a skilled, experienced accountant to join our growing organization. In this position, you will be responsible for the transactional processing, accounting, reporting, reconciliation and overall financial control of inventory and cost of goods sold within assigned business unit(s). Responsible for review and analysis of inventory and other operational analysis as it pertains to inventory and variances affecting the balance sheet and P&L. You will also work across teams to present and translate important financial information and assist in company audits.
Accountant Essential Functions:
- Assist with financial close processes, managing deadlines to ensure proper prioritization and completion of projects and monthly processes.
- Ensure the accuracy of the physical inventory and reported results; investigate and explain physical adjustments.
- Reconcile inventory accounts to the general ledger.
- Perform periodic walkthroughs of the plant with the Operations and/or Plant Manager to discuss production and cost issues.
- Review costs for all inventory, labor, and material purchases.
- Review and document inventory and material purchases.
- Comply with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) for financial statements.
- Prepare documents and interpret financial information regarding cost improvements for Operations, Management, and Executives.
- Maintain company accounting procedures and processes.
- Compile documentation on standard costs and company production costs.
- Prepare and analyze production and cost of goods reports.
- Assist with year-end audit and other audits and inquiries as required.
- Participate in the physical inventory process and monitor cycle counts.
- Review standard and actual costs for inaccuracies; explain variances.
- Review and write off obsolete inventory, as needed.
- Responsible for maintaining fixed assets for assigned divisions.
- Follow and adhere to all Quality Management System procedures and documentation as applicable to position/department
- Serve as a back-up to the Accounting Assistant.
- All other projects and duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in a mining/manufacturing environment and/or public accounting
- Experience with an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system is preferred
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel
- Strong organizational skills
- Analysis and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize and meet strict deadlines
- Knowledge accounting best practices, standards, and state/national regulations and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Medical/Prescription & Dental
- 401k Plan including an Employer Match, up to 6%
- Short & long-term disability, at no cost
- Group term life, at no cost
- Vision at discounted rates
- Voluntary life at discounted rates
- 10 paid holidays
- 3 personal days
- 3 weeks Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Leadership Development
- Other great perks
“Active Minerals International is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, religion, disability, marital status, national origin, race, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.”
Company: Active Minerals International
Job Location: Gordon, GA
Application Deadline: N/A